One September Day

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Will God ask you to...?

Meet Him in the middle and help another person?
2 Corinthians 1:3,4

I have been meaning to ask this..
Do you know someone that has lost a baby?  Perhaps she is even carrying a baby that might not live?

I think that we all do.
What do we say.. what do we do?
It seems like an awkward thing, I am sure.. especially if this is a loss that you yourself have never experienced.


But this is where and why I ask.. had to ask..
because, you can always help someone, whether you know what to say or to do.


I began my blog as a journal to document special moments and thoughts for my children,,but, the times that God has brought us through - are also another way for my blog to reach out to a hurting soul.


Will you read a little more?
Why - because some day, somewhere - you will be asked by God to reach out with HIS comfort to another person that has/ or will lose a baby.
Please think on this:

~A mother who carries a baby that may not live still loves that baby and will to the ends of the earth- and telling them that at "least," they might have other children,, is NOT comforting.


~God's Word is an unfailing, steadfast, wealth of truth for you to share with her.  Her heart may not be ready, willing, or wanting to hear that - time will heal.  Never stop sharing God's love.  He wants what is best for us... blessing or trial. 


~Make her pregnancy just as important as another and not something to ignore, or pretend is happening.


~Keep in touch with her.  Call, write, visit, and let her know that she is not alone in her loss.  Loneliness breeds bitterness, discouragement, and isolation.


~Help her make memories about her baby that will be with her forever.  Journaling, pictures, and more, are just as important to a mom losing a baby.


~Ask,, ask,, ask,,, how she is doing.  She may not open up at first, but when a mother knows that you really do care enough to ask more than once, and ask and ask again... she will open up and confide her trust in you.


~Don't be afraid of her situation.  It is real, it is painful, but certainly nothing to be afraid to approach. 
Babies are blessings.. and this is one she cannot keep.

In the intro. to my blog, I have shared the story of our losses, and how God gave me victory through a long pruning process.
You can read here some of the ways that God sustained me through each loss.  Our precious babies.



Here is a song that I would encourage you to share with a mom who has/had experienced a loss of their baby. 

The story behind this song is from Todd and Angie Smith - Selah - and One of the main reason that I share this song in my heart with them, is because their story is like a mirror of ours.
Our first baby girl had the same diagnosis, and the same outcome as their little Audrey, and so the journey may have been different, but the story is the same- We will Love and Hold our Baby Forever..
It is such a perfect song, and listening to it more than once.. it has dual meanings.
Share it with a mom.. share and let the love of God shine through you.

( Be sure to click the pause button on my right side-bar for any music aready playing before you press play to view this beautiful video,)



Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At March 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great post Em. You're right, it's so important for us to use the understanding we gained through our experiences with loss to help others to minister to the needs of those hurting.
    Big huh friend.
    Lynnette

     
  • At March 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    What a beautiful post. I was so moved. It is so true I have a great friend on facebook that recently lost her little girl. I keep in touch with her at least once a week. Thank-you for this.
    {{HUGS}}
    Caroline

     
  • At March 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I'm glad you posted this. It is especially true to keep asking how a person is doing and truly being interested in their well-being instead of just asking to ask.

    I love the song I Will Carry You. I found that song right after Carleigh's fatal diagnosis and it's still precious to me. And makes me cry!

     
  • At March 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    And if I may ask, could you say a prayer for my husband and I? We are about a week from Carleigh's birthday and as we get closer I am getting more emotional. I don't know how it's going to be for us.

     
  • At March 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    How funny. I said "Big huh friend", HA! I guess I was ready for bed! Well, you knew what I meant.
    Love ya.

     
  • At March 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Beautiful song and touching video. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At May 5, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

    Hello:) This is a beautiful post and I truly appreciate it. I had the privilege of personally meeting the Smiths a couple of months ago and they are the sweetest and most genuine couple! Just wanted to let you know its Todd and Angie, not John.:) Thank you again for your post.
    Sarah
    HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home