One September Day

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where did that come from?

Life just happens so quickly!  So fast, that I think I missed a few years with just a blink.
There is something about graduations, deaths, births, and milestones, to cause me to sit back- hard- and realize this:

Just when you are enjoying the most of life and and the benefits of His Joy... you see how much of life has already past, and how fast it went. 

I am not one to sit and feel anxious, nor depressed over the pace of life, nor, am I one to dwell on a negative.
 But, life is moving ..... and I am enjoying the fullnes of joy the Lord has given to me... so overwhelming so...
I had to blog about it.

Some day... when my daughters and sons are grown, and moving thru a fast-paced life of motions, and service, I hope they will find this post, and remember the daily JOYS God gives each one of us.

Where did that come from?  I ask myself each day?
Like:
The twinkle in my husbands eye, as we are talking with our children and he sends his love across the room.
Just a twinkle.

Like:
My oldest sons walk into the room and hug me tight.  Their toddler arms, now - turned strong and embracing.
Just a hug.

Like:
My oldest daughter and I just have to look at each other to have a mutual snicker.  Over nothing.  Just a look, a raised eyebrow, and a laugh.  My daughter... almost a woman.
Just a laugh.

Where does that come from?

Like:
Hearing my toddlers talk about God, and His comfort between themselves.  Not prompted.  Just hearing them talk with casual toddler talk that he is there for them.
Just love.

Like:
Hand-made cards from my girls on my pillow when I go to bed at night. Written with words of love and thankfulness.  For simple things... like a good dinner, or teaching them at home.
Pure Joy.

Where did this come from...
A life designed by God, to be lived out in His timing.  Created for me to glorify Him.. always.. and to experience the unexpected trials and joys that come along.
For both we have had.  And both, I count all JOY!

 It seems like just yesterday.. when...she was not so grown up.

A Fun Threesome.


My right hand gals.  Growing up  fast.

Smiles galore!



One day at a time.


8 Comments:

  • At March 9, 2010 at 5:37 PM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    You have such a gift for celebrating and rejoicing in the little dailies . . . .

    Thanks for sharing these thoughts with us and encouraging all of us to embrace the moments!

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    I just loved this post and so true. I have 4 children under 10. 2 angels in heaven and then I have 3 step-children who are 18, 19 and 21. Sometimes I wonder to where does it all come from. Thanx for sharing.
    Caroline

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 1:27 AM , Blogger Sherrie said...

    Awesome Post! And you have a beautiful family. Thank you for this precious reminder today. I really needed to hear it. I have been struggling with some things lately and this was very uplifting to me.

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 3:16 AM , Blogger Veronica said...

    What a sweet post! You have such a beautiful family!

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    A great post! I know some day I'm gonna miss the times we are having now.

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Aspiemom said...

    Wonderful pictures of your very beautiful family. I really enjoyed your post. We need to slow down so we don't miss so much!

     
  • At March 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Sue S said...

    What a beautiful family and beautiful pictures! I love your posts. What a testimony to the Lord. Thanks September.

     
  • At May 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It's amazing watching our children grow to be adults... it goes fast but it's a beautiful journey. I enjoy each age and stage of my children's lives so much. Your family is just plain lovely.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home