One September Day

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Button, Button, Who's got the Button? MckLinky link!

I tend to love tradition, memory making, family heirlooms, and the stories that go with them..

Do you?  I would love for you to share your special memories, heirlooms, or traditions.

My hope chest is slowly filling with items that have been close to my heart from childhood, friendships, marriage, motherhood, and more.
I have decided that on my birthday this year, I am going to sit my children around my Hope Chest, and share all of the stories that have been a special part of my past, our present, and their future.

I was recently thinking that I should hand-write a note, story, and any special information to these things, so that one day, ( when my mind is nnot working properly,) .. the stories will not be forgotten.

Here is a picture of my grandmother's buttons.  She saved them off of shirts, and all types of clothing from her family, and perhaps even from her mother as well.
They were collecting dust in my attic, and so, I found this pretty jar at my favorite local Mercantile, and decided to share their beauty within our home.

Will you share your heirlooms, ideas, and memories with all of us?
You can  create a post if you have a blog and link up here...
Or just leave a note in my comments.  I am absolutely looking forward to hearing from you!
Never Used McLinky Before?  Simply write a post on your blog with your Family Memories/Heirlooms, and hop back here with the direct link to your post.  Give it a title so we will want to stop by and visit... we would ALL love reading your ideas!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At February 11, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Kristen, pajama mama said...

    I've got my grandmother's button collection, too! Never thought about displaying them, though!

     
  • At February 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love the jar of buttons!! So cool!

     
  • At February 17, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    I have lots of buttons too, but not a pretty jar like that to store them in.

    I got some of my mother's buttons when she passed. Plus have been collecting my own across the past years. I love button jars.

    It should be interesting to sit and tell your children about your memories from the past. I often thought I should write some of mine down so as to pass them down to my grandchildren in years to come. Thanks for reminding me of another task I should complete before old age hits any harder.:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home