One September Day

Friday, January 29, 2010

When the Light is Dim

Ever feel that the Light is burning dim?  That each day is a struggle to see beyond to the next? 
I know that I have...
Whether it is in my daily walk with the Lord, My ambition as a mom, my responsibilities as a wife, or even a friend...
That light just doesn't seem to ignite...sometimes.

It's ok.  Don't you think that God knows we are fallible, and not able to do this on our own?
I know He is always waiting for me to feel like I am in the "dark," and search quite deep for that spark that is going to re-ignite my Light.

Sometimes it takes longer than others.
I hear people say - " I just can't do "this," any more.
Or....
I have even heard myself mutter.. "I need a break."

Stepping back is good.  Stepping back long enough to re-gain perspective is healthy. 
But, what is it we step back from is the most important.
Taking a brief repose in the Shadows of His Wings is where we belong..
Not sulking our hiding in our frustration, exhaustion, or confusion.

As a mom, I get weary.  I even let my family down.
As a wife, I get frustrated with effort, even when I know it is worth it.
As a friend, I can feel the Light is Dim with hope sometimes.

God Knows.  He always knows.
One of the promises I cling to when the light seems dim - is that My God is the same yesterday, today, and forever!  He is always the same.

My Anchor Holds -
What is causing your light to burn low right now?

5 Comments:

  • At January 29, 2010 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Veronica said...

    Hi September! Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday! I love this post today and can totally relate to everything you said. It's tough juggling everything we have to do and be. This morning I woke up and remembered that I needed to start my day just talking to the Lord and giving Him the time he deserves.

    I'll be following along now and look forward to reading what's on your heart!

    P.S. Thanks so much for posting my hat button! :)

     
  • At January 29, 2010 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I think it's safe to say that whenever my light is burning dim in any of these areas it's because of misplaced priorities. I'm always thankful when God shows me my need to step back and to regain a healthy perspective. I'm so glad that despite my inconsistencies, He remains the same!

    Love,
    Angela

     
  • At January 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous MOM said...

    My Darling Daughter: OK, NOW...this is the meat of it all, isn't it, sweet one? Knowing that you know and love our Shepherd is pure joy for me. Seeing you write about HIM is great; BUT, hearing those words about "the shadow of HIS wings" is just, plain beautiful, honey. Keep up the good work...and just for the record, Grandmothers of 17 grandchildren (under 17 yrs. of age)sometimes feel like we let our children down, as well. I know that I am doing my best right now through the pain, but know that Dad and I love you, all of you, so much and we are so proud of you, as well.

    Stay in the palm of HIS hands, child. There is grace, wisdom and healing in HIS presence. I know.

    Love MOM

     
  • At January 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    My light feels dim a lot lately, yet it is still burning. Thanks for the encouragement!!

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    A stiff neck and changing computers. Ugh. Very dim light at the moment but I know it'll come back as I cling to the bright light. Us momma's we're in this together huh?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home