One September Day

Saturday, January 23, 2010

4 Rules of Communication

A Big Family... many people... a lot of interacting/relationships..
How does it work?  How do your relationships go?

This Post is one of the foundations of our life. 
Perhaps you have heard of these before?
Perhaps not.
I hope you can print them out and post them wherever they might be a reminder to you.
My husband and I have taken some Biblical Counseling courses over the years, and this is the most valuable information I daily practice in my life.
This is the why..
"Good relationships are not built because of an absence of problems.
"Ephesians 4:25-32..Paul gives four very effective  "Rules of Communication."
Great for preventing and solving problems...

   1.)   BE HONEST
( no deceit, no contrast between tones, body language and content of what we say.)
( no innunedos, speak the truth..)

 2.)KEEP CURRENT
( getting angry, but not sinning,  Not letting our wrath, fury, exasperation, etc. last until the sun goes down.)
(No stewing, not using anger to attack others, not giving Satan a foothold)
(anger is energy to be used to solve problems)
(stop clamming up)
(deal with problems today)
  ... SIX Questions to ask before bringing up a Sticky Problem...
1.)Do I have the facts straight?                                     
2.)Should love hide it? Is it sinful?
3.)Is my timing right?
4.)Is my attitude right? Am I trying to help the other person?
5.)Are my words loving?
6.)Have I prayed for God's help?

3.) ATTACK THE PROBLEM, NOT THE PERSON


4.)ACT; DON'T REACT
  
We can't change the other person, BUT, we can change how we respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is so much more we can learn from this passage in Ephesians.
Also, if you would like to find out more about the ministry where we gathered such valuable information brought from Scripture.. here it is...
www.fbclafayette.org

But, On the Lighter Side of Life..
 Here are the 4 Rules of Communication in Life that My family seems to live by on a basic level:

1.) Mommy, I'm Hungry

2.) Who took my shoes?!!

3.)Can you take me/pick me up ...??!!

4.)Why do we have to go to bed nooowww?

~~~~~~~
And this is what makes life easy!~(easier)
It's the bigger side of life that I use Scriptures Guidelines for Communication.

5 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Anonymous Erin Jacob said...

    September,
    You absolutely astound me. Your understanding of scripture, your devotion to your Savior, your ability to communicate on so many topics in your blog, your joy of life. You are an amazing individual. I love to read your blog entries. They are thought-provoking and uplifting! And Ben...wow...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! And he is so young! But, I digress...back to your blog...I have copied it and I visited the link you provided, also. Thank you, September! God bless you! Keep up the good work!
    Erin Jacob

     
  • At January 23, 2010 at 11:28 PM , Blogger lilyofHis said...

    I believe many times it is the woman that can set the stage of the day...or so it is that I've found...the men have so many worries on their minds...to provide, to be present, to be the deliverer...when we wake up...we can either be the conduit or the breaker...we can conduct... strength,peace,most of all love, JOY, laughter is the greatest of mood lifters...I've learned to conduct...hope this helps anyone who wakes up next to a husband...

     
  • At January 24, 2010 at 12:03 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Great post! :)

     
  • At January 24, 2010 at 11:03 PM , Blogger September said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At January 26, 2010 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Ben McCarthy said...

    hahaha The whole "Who took my shoes thing is totally relevant to me. I still can't find my church shoes! You know where they are?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home