One September Day

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My 100th Post- What is it about?

I hesitated..
but only for a moment... to write what is on my heart today.
My 100th Post for my blog ...

I have been called to do God's will. In my life - for Him. Just as you have as well.
We all walk separate paths in this life. Some are just so hard, painful, amazingly famous, defeated, victorious, struggling, and fruitful.
I cannot express such amazing gratitude for the blessing of a life I live today.

I see so many hurting, struggling, painful lives, and I am caused to reflect on What I am doing with what I have been given.
I am not referring to worldly possession's, appearances, or even health, but I am talking straight -up - the love of God, my husband, and my children.

God's will is for me to be responsible with what He gave me. Responsible to provide for my children - physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
What an awesome privilege to be given.
I am responsible to be my husbands help-meet - physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
I am responsible to love the Lord, my God, FIRST. More than any thing. With ALL of me.

I have come to a place in my life where I realize how long it has taken me to fully embrace this Will for my life.
Fully embrace defined:
- Wonderful thoughts of waking up in the morning as a home-schooling mom of nine children.
-Peace over the tasks that I am given each day, knowing that this is part of the life I was given, and what a gift it is at that.
-Seeing the contrast of the life that I could have had and what I do live. Knowing this is where I was meant to be.
-So thankful that I am with my children all day, and can see them grow - inch by inch,, in Wisdom AND stature.
-Completely embracing my role as a wife, and now fully comprehending the benefits of following God's principles He lays out for wives.
-Looking back at each and every trial with a vision of His ultimate good for my life. Thankful.
-Waiting expectantly for What God will continue to show me as I strive to live in His will.

Crux of my 100th Post- that made me hesitate from the beginning. I am very blessed. I do not have to work outside the home, our bills are getting paid, and all of our needs are met... and more. I have a marriage settled on a firm-foundation, and my children love the Lord.
Not everyone has this. Am I looked down upon because of this/ avoided by other mom's/etc.?
Let me share- It happens. For some reason, there is this stigma attached to a life like mine. It almost creates a barrier that I cannot understand.
I am real - life woman of God. I would do any thing for any one.

But, a blessed life sometimes has this curse. Others see this life I have, and make a judgement on it.
It is not all rosy. We, as moms, know that tried and true. Our life has not escaped trial.
But, you know what?
What I really have?

Here it is - I have a WONDERFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH MY GOD IN HEAVEN, and any one can have that.
My 100th post- the crux- My life has had trials, sadness, joy, pain, and so much more...
BUT...I am so happy ...living in His will...
and THAT is why I blog.

Thank you for sharing in my 100th Post.
September












10 Comments:

  • At December 4, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    Congrats on your 100th post!! I enjoy reading and bring encouraged by your life. as a mom of 3, I can only imagine the tasks involved with having 9! :) But, God has truly blessed you! thank you for sharing your life with us!

     
  • At December 4, 2009 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    September, you truly are a beautiful princess of our King! Loved this post. I am copying it and saving it. You may not know how much wisdom you poured into this post. Happy 100 posts! And I LOVE how BLESSED your life is. If others could look at the results you have received from living a sold out life for Him!!! Awesome!

     
  • At December 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy 100th post! I am so happy for you, that you are truly enjoying God's call on your life. It takes people their whole life to try and get that! Thanks for always showing us that true, woman of God you are. Never hide it!

     
  • At December 5, 2009 at 7:53 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Happy 100th post! I love your blog and I love this post!! You are a beautiful woman, inside and out! I rejoice with you in the blessings of your full life! It is so obvious that the Joy of the Lord is your Strength!

     
  • At December 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    Congratulations on your 100th post! You are certainly a blessed woman and so loved and cherished by our Father! Thank you for blogging and sharing with us. I think it is so wonderful that you get to stay at home with your children. I love my job so I don't think I could quit completely but I would love to just work part time. Perhaps some day that can happen if it is God's will for me.

     
  • At December 5, 2009 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

    Okay, you sweet woman you! I knew I just adored you the minute I started reading your blog and reading about all the similiarities in our lives! I have, only in the past years, come to a complete and full embrace of this calling. for years I would struggle to find contentment and now, funny thing is I don't struggle anymore to find that fulfillment. Isn't God so wonderful?!?!

    Thank you for sharing the most beautiful and timely post.

     
  • At December 6, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Congratulations on your 100th post September! This year of blogging has been fun for me too. I know it has been a way for me to share my faith with others. I loved what you wrote today.

    You are an inspiration to so many ladies. And I see your genuine love of God in your posts. You have quite a profession...wife, helpmeet, mother, teacher, homemaker...and writer of truths, to name a few. ((smile))

    And you are an encouraging friend. I know Lynnette is so anxious to meet you in person,...and so am I. Hopefully that will work out this spring.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At December 7, 2009 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    Happy 100th post beautiful lady! I love what you said...anyone can have a relationship with our God in heaven...it is a free gift for all who will receive it!!! Well said dear friend. And, my dear, I am rejoicing that you are blessed and dearly loved. We shouldn't judge on another for the circumstances of our lives...and we never know where someone has walked to get to this place in her life. The truth is, our circumstances don't matter...our relationship with the Lord does.

    Love to you...and GO BROWNS!!!!

    (I know the Browns are pathetic...what can I say, I'm loyal.) =)

     
  • At December 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    Happy 100th post sweet friend! I love the topic that you chose to write about. I, too, receive that judgement all too often and it's really hard to step around. I continually am reminding myself and others that it is the blessings of God that sustain us, that keep my family in constant provision, and nothing more.

    I love your heart and I love that this is the topic you chose to write on. You are right - through God, we do have tremendous blessings. Only through Him are we truly complete! :)

    Love to you!

     
  • At December 9, 2009 at 11:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Comment from MOM:

    Baby girl: Not only is God proud of you, but so am I. You have your priorities straight and that is something we all struggle with at times. BUT....Just remember what I have always told everyone: "There is one judge - and I'm not it!" Therefore, just keep loving everyone the way you have for years, darling.

    It took me years to feel and see through the souls of those who are angry, jealous, confused and so intelligent that they have forgotten how to FEEL Christ in their lives - the warmth, the enveloping of his hands around our physical presences, the assurance that all is OK, when we are connected to HIM. ALL meaning that we are, where we are supposed to be. I keep praying for those that haven't found our King, for it must be tortureous to go through life attempting to figure it out on their own.

    We have these blessings, not because we did a great job, but they are an encouragement to do more and more and more.

    Although you never seem tired to me, September, (hahahah), I do know we may become weary at times from the physical moments life offers by tearing at our lives; however, we are spritually lifted by our Saviour to go on, and on and on to help those who feel the need to judge. BUT...imagine the joy they will know when they FIND and ACCEPT the love and guidance of our true Father and one and only SON. Boy!...will the light shine on them, then. You are a wonderful example of this.

    Your capacity to love is abundantly clear, for I have many beautiful grandchildren who call and write to me with the love of Jesus on their lips. PRAISE HIS NAME!

    Thank You.

    MOM

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home