One September Day

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Creepy - Crawlies!!!

What gives you the heebie-jeebies!???

I think that I have lost all kind of sense as a mom, when I agreeably tell my little boy that he can have his favorite thing as his Birthday Party Theme, and he very matter-of fact proclaims that his Birthday will be celebrated with SPIDERS this year!

Truly, why would I agree to make SPIDER invitations and mail them to other innocent minded toddlers?
AND, then to go as far as make a Pin-the - leg on the Spider Game?
GROSS!

But to cross the Creepy-Crawly Line -

SPIDER CUPCAKES!!!!

Ewwww...

If making wasn't gross enough,
eating them was even more
FUN.
This was so much fun, blogging friends.
I was a little "weirded out, " by the whole idea of a SPIDER Birthday,
BUT, after delving right in, we had a blast!


Samuel turned 5 yesterday.
Because we have large family, we only celebrate "big," on certain ear-marked years.
This was his Party year... and it was a Creepy - Crawly one at that!

My Sam is so special. He is the youngest boy , and # 7 in the line-up of 9.
He has a very sensitive heart towards others, and plays by himself like a pro.
He loves Spiders ( who would have known that?)... and loves to draw.
He tells me I am an awesome mom, and he tells my husband and I that we are his "buddies."
He sings us a new song every night at bed-time, ( that he has made up himself,)
He is my snuggler, compassionate, eat me out of house and home, talkative, and "conscious of others," little boy-
who is now 5.

Year #4 went out the window like this:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home