One September Day

Monday, November 16, 2009

Not Me Monday- Real Life Denial


Another day in my life, where I am living in denial of the hilarious and wacky side of my life.
This blog idea is hosted by MckMama, the mother of miracle boy, Stellan! Read his story here...
Join me today, as I share/confess the idiosyncrasies of One September Day.

This week was not the week of exhaustion for me. While fighting the flu/migraines I did not make three meals for other families, and host a few busy events at my home.

I did not fill 6 garbage bags of who-knows-what as I cleaned out our pantry. I was not seen trying to make a ping-pong table fit into the back of my van, nor did I go to the grocery store and get home to find that I had forgotten half of the things on my list. Which was IN my hand!

Gave my children cookies for breakfast on a running behind morning? Nope.
Rolled down my window, and talked to a deer standing by my mailbox? NO!!
Watched my son escape from our van as it caught on fire/exploded? Couldn't be!

I did not almost step on a dead mouse on the pantry floor.
I did not get competitive while playing Candy Land with my children.
I would never, ever chew two packs of gum in one week.
Nope, NOT ME - Never!

Monday- A NEW week- Here we come!

7 Comments:

  • At November 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Kami said...

    Do you care to expand on the story of the van that caught on fire/exploded?! Holy moly lady! :)

    Sounds like you have had a busy week! Take some time off, kick your feet up and relax! We moms really need that sometimes :)

     
  • At November 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Lela Paden said...

    Waiting to hear more on the van story.

    Like you I have also given my children cookies for breakfast when I just got behind on my morning routine.

    Have a great week
    Lela

     
  • At November 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow! Can't wait to hear the van story! I get competitive with kids at church playing games, too!

     
  • At November 16, 2009 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

    Love the cookies! I have NEVER given my kiddos cookies for breakfast either and I'm so glad I'm NOT alone!!!

     
  • At November 17, 2009 at 12:51 AM , Blogger Sherrie said...

    WOw! SOunds like a lot happened in just a week. I also would love to hear more about the van story. I hope this week is better.

     
  • At November 17, 2009 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Thanks for the laughs. :-)

     
  • At November 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Anita said...

    The dead mouse in the pantry would be my undoing, although I am getting better about that sort of thing. Found one in the boys closet last year and let them handle that....I don't DO dead things! !

    And the gum, yes, I would never chew that much either.

    Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and I hope you enjoy your pie!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home