One September Day

Friday, October 30, 2009

A Heart Full...

My Heart is Full. Not heavy... But full.

I see my life happen in Seasons. I seem to even name the Seasons in my life as I look back? Do you do this also?

This is my Season of Motherhood/Learning.
I have learned so much about myself as a mom. As, I am sure all of us do that walk this road.

My heart is full right now of overwhelming thankfulness, amazing wonder, and incredible thoughts of love for many I know.
So many I know are hurting. Hurting in a way that I cannot fix.

This is one thing that I have come to see about me. I tend to be a "fixer." I always have been. And I always will NOT be. Why?
Because, this is not my job - it is God's.

I see hurting friends, strangers, loved ones, and I want to fix their pain. I take it on. I am learning that my heart can be full of love, prayer, sympathy, empathy, and helpfulness, but, when it comes to fixing - I am not even close to being able to help in the way that my Heavenly Father can,

He has shown me to step back. Step far back. Let Him heal, let Him mend, and I follow when He leads. Not when I see it as best.
Just when we think we are doing a heart full of good, we sometimes can be doing a job that we weren't meant to do.

In my daily Bible reading the last few weeks, I have come across a word that I KNOW the Lord was giving to me to hold onto.
A word that I have filled my heart with.
And so, now I have a heart full of COURAGE.

Here are some of the verses:

Psalms 27:14 - "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, wait, on the Lord."

Psalms 31:24- "Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."

I am waiting on the Lord. My heart is strengthened. I will cast all my care upon Him, and help carry other's burdens.

But, He is doing the fixing! Phew'!


6 Comments:

  • At October 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Hi September, I am glad your heart is full and your joy is full and your life is full of His goodness.

    I always want to carry other people's burdens too and because my spiritul gift is mercy, it gets hard sometimes to see so much pain or struggle in someone's life and feel like I can't really take it away. BUT,..I do run to the Father on their behalf and I am learning to lay their burdens... and mine at His feet.

    I am nothing outside of Him. If He helps me I can do what He wants me to do,...but in my own strength I can do nothing!

    I love it that He is in control and all we have to do is follow His lead.

    He is always there with us and we can count on that! (smile)

    Life is indeed made up of different seasons, and I am thankful that through each season He holds our hands and walks with us through the storms as well as the sunshine days.

    Oh what a priviledge to be His child!

    I loved your verses on courage!

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great post! I am the same way, I want to jump in and fix it! Thankfully, God ties my hands sometimes and I cannot fix everything. I need to learn to have a courageous heart like you!

     
  • At October 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Sherrie said...

    I loved reading this post. Well Written! Great Message.

     
  • At October 31, 2009 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    You're right when you say we can't fix it all. We gotta let God do the work. He'll guide us.

     
  • At November 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    This was a beautiful post! thanks for sharing your thoughts... it is sometimes hard to remember to let God be God in our situations and be patient to let him work in other's lives... but the reward is so great when we allow Him to do the work! the verses you shared were beautiful. thanks!

     
  • At November 2, 2009 at 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi September,
    I am so thankful for the things you share here - some times makes me laugh and others wipe away the tears. You are a genuine person, and such an encouragement.
    Today I am so burdened for our friend J, and have left your blog page open to be blessed by the music that is playing from it.
    Hugs to you -
    Katrina

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home