One September Day

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Caramel Corn Craze!!!



Every year we host an annual Harvest Day at our Home. This is such a beautiful time of year in Upstate New York. This is a formal invitation to all of my blogging friends to join us next year!

Perhaps you can get an idea from my pics today some of the fun we had!

ALSO--- I am going to share my frequently requested CARAMEL CORN recipe. It is super easy,, and wonderfully delectable! I would make you some personally, but I don't want to "rob" you of this "harvesty tradition!"

Let me know how you like it! We have been making this recipe for 21 years! Phew-- Did that just give my age away?

Soo, before I post my Harvest Pics and Share my recipe,, please tell me this:
Have you ever:

*Told your child while you were driving down the road, that if they didn't stop misbehaving they would have to go their room? ( Uhhh.. Mommy, we are in the car???)

*Your little one didn't want the rest of their cookie and so while pushing them in the cart at the store, and you have no place to discard the already in the mouth piece of food, you decide the best solution would be for you to finish it off? ( baby saliva and all!)

*Paid someone to do your ironing?- yep, I did just say that!


Ok.. Moving on, I guess. But, hey, IF you have done, said, or thought these things, let me know that I am not alone! Heehee... Or maybe this is something that I don't want to know!!

Drum Roll.....................

Caramel Corn - From your blogging friend, September

6-8 quarts popped corn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter ( do not use margarine or any substitute)
1/2 cup light Karo
1 teaspoon salt

In a 2 qt. pan, - BOIL for 5 minutes - stir constantly. Then add & stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla AND 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
Pour over popped corn in large/deep container. Stir to coat well. Do quickly.
Spread onto 2 greased cookie sheets, and bake at 200 deg. for 1( one) hour. Flip caramel corn every 15 minutes for one hour.
Remove from oven, and flip out onto wax paper. cool. Break apart after cool. Store in air-tight bags.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to let you in on a secret... I am going to "HOST MY FIRST BLOG GIVE- AWAY" VERY SOON! I am so excited about this. If you have any friends that you want to share in this fantastical event.. let them know!
HAPPY CARAMEL CORN MAKING!

7 Comments:

  • At October 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I can't wait to try this recipe, yum! Oh my word, I will be banging down your door next year for your party, so beautiful! I sometimes put the left overs in my purse, then forget about them!

     
  • At October 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Aspiemom said...

    I love your pictures! It looks like a great time.

     
  • At October 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    You are the best. I love caramel corn and have been thinking about trying a recipe for "halloween". Only issue is some recipes don't work - but 21 years of doing it? How can I go wrong.
    I can't believe you do this at your home. Upstate New York??? Beautiful. Can't wait to see more pics. That doughnut looks amazing. And the tractor is awesome!

     
  • At October 14, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    That donut sure looks good!!! Yum!! I don't pay anybody to do ironing because I hardly have anything to iron. I usually just throw things in the dryer to dewrinkle. lol

    Your caramel corn sounds AMAZING!!! I so need to try this!!

     
  • At October 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    I love the pictures! What a delightful event that must be :)

    The Caramel Corn sounds really yummy! I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but my kiddos do, so we might have to make this soon!

    Hoping your day is amazing :)

     
  • At October 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sounds like so much fun!!! Imagine what that donut would have done to Sarah a few months ago! Is she all better?

    I wish I could have been there to party with you. I would LOVE to see how beautiful your neck of the woods is. I want to see a big wide view of your property. Can you get one for me? :)
    Love,
    Lynnette

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    The recipe sounds delicious! love the pictures!

    I have never sent a child to his room while in the van! I have threatened to pull over -- and have actually done it on occassion.

    I have never paid for someone to do my ironing. That is one chore I enjoy. But, I have paid children to clean out the refrigerator and to match socks! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home