One September Day

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is that me?

I don't know when this began to happen? Was it this year,, after baby #9 was born, or maybe it has been happening for a while and I am JUST now noticing!!

"What" ... you say?

I was blow drying my hair the other day and I stopped,, turned the blow dryer off, and got right up really close to the mirror...
WHO in the world is that woman looking back at me? I felt a little like a crazed woman for a moment.


Is it age? Or is it my imagination?

Please ...tell me.. or.. wait!! Maybe NOT!

I just don't get it. I thought that with the age factor I would slowly see over time, but this was as if there was an overnight aging process that took place while I was sleeping.



It's irreversible now. I know that.


I hope this doesn't mean that I am going to start having trouble getting out of bed in the morning, and that I will have to eat a daily bowl of Raisin bran every day.

It wasn't a bad revelation.... just, that it was ...a .... revelation.

I had to share this with you. Why wouldn't I?


Have you ever had that looking in the mirror thing happen?

Well, Be warned... It is a little scary when it first happens... I felt like pinching my cheeks to see if it was real, or a dream ( err.. nightmare.)
Nope.. It was REAL...

But, now I find it comical. I look in the mirror, and think..



"Mirror, Mirror In front of me

Who's that Fruit Loop that I see?"

Oh, my, yes,, IT'S ME!
(P.S.,, Don't be alarmed that I have gone "off my rocker,"...Just another opportunity for my blogging friends to see my silly side.")

9 Comments:

  • At September 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Drahdrah said...

    Yup, I know exactly what you are talking about. I feel like I've aged 10 years in the last 6 months ! You do look great in that pic, not sure why YOU are worried !

     
  • At September 22, 2009 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    My husband and I look at pictures of our wedding and other pictures from when we were young and we say,..."Who are these people?" Ha!

    We have aged so much and especially the last few years. It just happens to all of us at some point I guess.

    You are beautiful so don't sweat it, just go with the flow and age gracefully.

    You have enough kids to take care of you and help when you get old! (smile)

    Lynnette always says she won't let us go to a nursing home,...so I am holding her to it! (tee hee, not really...sometimes that has to happen so I wouldn't really hold her to her promise.)

    But all kidding aside,...I enjoy my life very much now that I am older. So I would say just embrace it.

    And goodness sake, you have a long ways to go before you are really needing to be concerned!

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At September 22, 2009 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Paige said...

    ha! I freak myself out sometimes when i look at the mirror and catch just the right glimpse of.... MY MOTHER!!!!

     
  • At September 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Certainly Silly... I LOVE IT! :)

     
  • At September 23, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    I love your silly side as well! If it's any consolation, I think you're stunningly beautiful :)

     
  • At September 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are beautiful outside and inside. Don't look in the mirror so close. No one looks at you that close and you certainly don't look your age. HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow.

     
  • At September 23, 2009 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Are you kidding me?! You look awesome!! I love ya girl!

     
  • At September 23, 2009 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Ange said...

    It is great to see you back and blogging away...blessing us...encouraging us...you are lovely!

    Love,
    Ange

     
  • At September 26, 2009 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I am 26, so most of my "mirror moments" have been "I just had four babies in four years" moments. Will my body ever look the same as it did four years ago?! And just for the record, you are beautiful. :-)

    Love,
    Angela

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home