One September Day

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Alone Time?


Today's theme for "So We Don't Forget," is Our favorite thing to do with our alone time.
I chose to journal today about this so that I can save this memory for my children when they are grown.

This idea came from my friend Lynnette, and I hope you will stop by to visit her here...
http://lynnettekraft.blogspot.com/

I was thinking about this journal entry a lot. I was asking myself.. "When in the world do I have alone time?" And to answer that question honestly,, I really, really do not have alone time.. at least not that often that I have a favorite thing to do.

But, as I was recalled my schedule every day, it occurred to me, that I do my best to take moments for accomplishing those things that are important to me, and that is what I consider my alone time.

I absolutely love to take walks. The entire time I walk, I am thinking upon all the activity in my life, and weeding thru the thoughts that get stuck in the cob-webs of my mind sometimes.
I am able to sort them out, and even have a firmer resolve to my day when I am done walking.


While I walk, I truly enjoy all of God's Creation around me. Living in the country slants a whole new meaning to a walk. The corn fields, and wild flowers. The smells of the farms that may offend one driving by actually become a familar smell to my senses. Seasonal changes are more noticeable to me, and even the regualar occasion of a deer and its fawn walking across the road in front of me is just another reason that my walks alone are a favorite part of my day.


I walk to exercise.. after each and every baby I have a task of baby weight that needs to go. This task has now to turned to a favorite time to me.

Using my walks for my quiet time with the Lord has been the biggest blessing. With out the hustle and bustle of being home, or even living in town, I have found that this time on my country road has so many more benefits than exercise.

The next time that you are driving by a corn field, and see it waving in the wind, think on that song that talks about the trees of the field will clap their hands, and we shall go out with JOY and be led forth in peace. The mountain and the hills will break forth in Glory!
THIS is why I LOVE my time alone - walking.





7 Comments:

  • At August 26, 2009 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    I love a good walk, myself, September...love to praise the Lord for the beauty of His creation. Love what you said about the trees of the fielf clapping their hands and going out with joy and being led forth in peace...

    Great post...

     
  • At August 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Yeah, I know - us momma's don't get alone time unless we MAKE it happen. That was one reason I had this be the topic this week - to remind us to take those walks, enjoy that time alone with God and his creation... refresh our spirit!

    I love you friend and am still thinking on that last post I read of yours. I'm glad that Ben's liver thingy isn't something that will cause problems. I think it's weird for sure - makes you turn yellow, feel fatigued but causes absolutely no harm? Weird. (Did I understand that right?)

    Did Sarah get sicker? Is she better? What happened? We need to talk!

    Love you.
    Lynnette

     
  • At August 27, 2009 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    I think walks are great. I recently got a jogging stroller and I've already been on a few walks in the park. It's nice to have that time!

     
  • At August 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love walking and girl, I bet you are in great shape!

     
  • At August 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm not a great walker, but I love to swim, and I do a lot of thinking while I'm swimming too! Thanks for sharing, I'm visiting from Lynette's blog.

     
  • At August 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

    great post! Thanks for sharing, I was hoping to join in yesterday, but the day was gone before I knew it. :)

     
  • At August 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    September,

    I wanted to let you know that I gave you 2 awards on my blog. I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate your friendship!

    Blessings,
    Karen

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home