One September Day

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vanity, Vanity,, all is Vanity

This post is being generated from an ultra-silly moment in my life. Hang on'!

I am only energetic, funny, silly, and fun when I drink caffeine. It is just the way it is. My family and friends can always tell if I have had the littlest bit of sugar or caffeine... That's how noticeable it is. I sure wish I was fun without it. Oh well!

Today was a Swim Park Day. I always look forward to this,, it gives me chance to "move" my tans lines around! ( heehee..JK)..
I had all the coolers packed, beach bags with towels, swim suits, water bottles, snacks, birthday "stuff" for one of my daughters, etc.

I couldn't find my swim suit. I took everything out of the 5 laundry baskets in the laundry room, the two in my room, any nook and cranny that it might have been put...
Alas,, NO suit.
The kids were all waiting on me,,,which is not the norm around here.

I traipse to the attic to find my "skinny tote!" You know,, the one labeled.. "skinny tote!"
The before pregnancy clothes, and never to be worn again clothes.
I find my Liz Claiborne 2 piece suit,, so pretty, worn 5 years ago, 3 babies ago.
Hmmm....
Rush into the bathroom... get the bottom part on ok,, so-so ok,, tight but not too tight. ( It's the skirt style,, hiding the unwanted.
Now for the top....
Wish I had my video camera for this part.. No.. maybe not.

I get the pretty tie at the neck,top part down over my head.. and start to adjust everything. I am still nursing my baby, and so the top "part" of my body will just not quite fit where it belongs. I maneuver things around a little more, take a look into the mirror, and what do I see..
My hair all a mess from this hurried attempt to fit my still shrinking body into a suit that looks like it should fit my ten year old.
I was all "bunched up" into this suit, and was laughing so hard in the mirror, I am surprised that my children didn't commit me to an institution right then and there.

NOPE! This suit is not going to work! Moving on!

So,, I resort to the stand-by maternity. I am not even Pregnant!!!!!!! Oh well, right?
So, I finally submit to the suit - which is TOO BIG in all the wrong places.
All of the way to the pool, I am adjusting my suit in all of those places. The top half would not stay put...I must have looked ridiculous.

This must be how silly the whole swim suit in the mirror thing made me laugh- for we get to the pool, and get out of the car, and my SIL says to me,, "September, Did you have caffeine today???)!!!!
NOPE! Maybe I just need to laugh more, and get my circulation going to be fun!?

So, the pool side swim suit adjustments had to be done discretely,, moving my top around was just so,,, well,, so.. ridiculously funny to me!

Oh well.. It gave me a good laugh, and I am probably the only one who cared, or even noticed. At least,,,,,I hope.

Vanity, Vanity,,, All is vanity!

6 Comments:

  • At July 15, 2009 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Oh this post made me smile...and giggle too. I would've went with the bigger one too! It's not good to be 'falling out'!

     
  • At July 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Joyeful said...

    Oh dear, do I ever understand!! I have spent the last 4 years pregnant or nursing and sometimes both!! : ) You handled it all very well, though--with laughter!

     
  • At July 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That is so funny and I would have been laughing right along with you. I usually get stuck trying on clothes and have to have people help me get out of them!

     
  • At July 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love how descriptive you are, I'm there with ya sister! You looked fine, though. Good thing you are learning to count it ALL as joy!

     
  • At July 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    So funny...I can totally relate. I actually wish that I could just keep wearing my maternity swim suit. It looks so much more flattering. (At least it did, eight years ago - the last time I wore a maternity swimsuit.)

    Loved this...thanks for the smile.

    Blessings to you,
    Kelly

     
  • At July 16, 2009 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Well, like everybody here, I can TOTALLY RELATE! Been there, done that! :) I wish I could have been there because I love laughing - and as hyper as it sounds like you were, I would have totally enjoyed it! HA!

    Thanks for sharing the funny - it wasn't hard to visualize the swimsuit catastrophe!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home