One September Day

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sweet Surprises



If you enjoy jotting down your special memories, be sure to visit Lynnette, here. It is a fantastic way to journal and remember some of the moments that define our days.
Isn't summer fun? There are so many wonderful activities that we do together, and I find that each year brings another set of summer-filled memories to cherish.
Yesterday, we embarked on our Strawberry Picking adventure. And, an adventure it WAS!

The local berries had some frost damage and so we searched out the nearest berry farm, and it was about 45 minutes away. I decided to google this farm to get a map for directions.. and it was waaayyy out in the middle of no where.
But, hey, I am always up for a fun drive. So, away we went!
Ha! Ha! We got a "little" lost, but we made it. ( no GPS in this girls life! - just good ole' sense of direction!)
This Strawberry farm was nestled on a back country road, with beautiful fields full of organic produce,,and not just strawberries!
After everyone unloaded and found their buckets in the van,, we found the perfect spot to pick.
It was so cute - The sign upon entering the fields said. RULE: Children MUST eat many berries!! I LOVE that!


Right in the MIDDLE of this huge strawberry field, I saw a gift that God had planted there just for me that day! A single spot of beautiful daises were growing towards the Heaven's and had my name written all over them. Daisies being my favorite flower, I naturally took a picture of this special gift, and will share it with you today. My gift to you!!
After berry picking, Sarah asked to drive on the way back, because she now has her permit. THIS was our second adventure!! We made it back, and then decided to have a picnic lunch at the lake, and it was beautiful!
The wind kept the warm air manageable, and it tired out the little ones so wonderfully!
I decided to make a strawberry pie with some of our berries , and we had that after dinner.
Here are some pictures of our memorable afternoon. Next month -Blueberries!!


WHAT will I do with THIS hair!!


Baby Ava's pudgy hand found the sweet berries!


Poor Eden - The Sun was a LITTLE bright while I was taking this picture!


Sam's favorite food in the whole world is strawberries! He picked a whole bucket, and ate half of it on the way home!




My gift from God- All alone, right in the middle of a Strawberry Patch!




Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What an awesome thing to do! I have never picked anything in my life, well some weeds out of the flowerbeds! What a great memory for you and your kids!

     
  • At June 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM , Blogger April said...

    Such cute pics! Who doesn't LOVE strawberries?? I could do without the little slugs/bugs that I have brought home with me a few times :)

     
  • At June 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    Strawberry picking is a lot of fun. I love the sign telling the kids to eat as many as they want! :) so cute.

     
  • At June 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Those strawberries look delicious!!! And I love that sign!!

     
  • At June 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

    Great post to read today. This morning the children and I went strawberry picking. I didn't have my camera on me though. We had a great time and pick many lovely red strawberries. :)

    Love that sign!!

     
  • At June 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sounds like a wonderful time! I love that your family does all the apple pickin', strawberry pickin', pumpkin patchin'. You sure like to have fun!

    The pictures are so cute. Ava's hair is beautiful. I've never had a curly headed child - Anna's was my only wavy haired child.

    Your daisies are beautiful. I love daisies too - so strong and sturdy, but so beautiful too.

     
  • At June 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Ange said...

    Daisies symbolize pure love and loyalty! What a beautiful message God gave you!! Just lovely...and the strawberries....yum!!

     
  • At June 26, 2009 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    Looks like a summer day well-spent! And, with a gift from God literally planted in the middle of it all. I love it when He does things like that. I call them the Daddy's Little Girl Moments. When God just makes us feel like special daughters, and gives us something just for us...like your daisies. The strawberries look delicious...one of my favorite things! And...I really love the curls on your sweet little one...I think you should just let that hair be!!! Happy Summer to you, sweet September...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home