One September Day

Thursday, June 11, 2009

My 100 Random Things Post-FINALLY!!!

100 Random, Strange, Amusing, and Interesting things About Me - you may/ or may Not Want to Know:



1.I was born in the same month as my name.
2.I am the oldest child in my family.
3.My favorite color is yellow. Always has been.
4.I do not like lights on during the day.
5.One of the first things I do in the morning is open my blinds and curtains. I need sunshine.
6.The nails on my little fingers grow faster than my other nails. ( cannot believe the things we blog about!)
7.I accepted the Lord as My Savior when I was 12.
8.# 8 is my favorite #.
9.When I was a child - I lived in my roller-skates.
10.I really like to change the furniture in my home around. Did this as a kid in my own room as well.
11.Love to study natural/holistic health, and alternative treatments.
12.I am very sensitive to temperature. In the winter I am freezing, and in the summer I am sweltering.
13.I either HAVE to have ice in my drink, or I only want tepid water. No in between.
14.I love daises - we had them in our wedding.
15.I hate ferrets. ( sorry, ferret owners/lovers)
16.I have a hard time sleeping without a fan. Bad, bad, bad habit.
17.I have had 15 pregnancies, ( one set of twins,) and have 9 living children.
18.I loved school as a child.
19.I loved going to the lake as a child, and fishing.
20.I hate nail -biting.
21.My parents were divorced when I was 10 years old.
22.I attended public school until 9th grade.
23.I love oatmeal and buttered toast, blueberry pancakes, and really green, crunchy salads.
24.I love chick-flicks, 24, and Survivor.
25.I color my hair - it would be gray if I didn't.
26.I love classical music. Brandenburg Concertos are one of my favorites.
27.I would live in flip-flops of I could.
28.The Ocean is one my most favorite places to be.
29.I use to put other last names after my first name as a kid, to see what married name I would prefer. Never expected a three-syllable last name.
30.Gee, after writing # 29, I believe I really have a little OCB...lol
31.I had to take Algebra twice when I was in school.
32.I wanted to be a writer/ and a teacher when I was growing up. Guess I am a blogging/homeschooling mom.
33.I always said I would not get married until I was 28. Didn't happen that way. 18!!!
34.I do not drink soda.
35.I love to burn candles.
36.Absolutely love button-up cardigan sweaters! In any color! I wear them a lot.
37.I really cannot stand Science-Fiction.
38.I always dreamed of having a large porch with rockers, and am so thankful for the one I have.
39.My husband and I built our home.
40.I took Latin in High School.
41.I have delivered two of my children at home. Great experience.
42.I make/bake almost everything from scratch. It is actually hard for me to buy any thing in a box.
43.My first job was at a fast -food chain.
44.I received the Happy-Gram Awards in my elementary grades. Surprise!! (Heehee)
45.Swimming is not enjoyable to me. I only get in the pool to cool off.
46.I have two brothers, one step-sister and one step-brother.
47. I am married to a contractor.
48. I was engaged three months after meeting my husband on a blind - date.
49.Laziness grates on me.
50.Daisies are my favorite flower. I even had them in my wedding.
51.I love teaching children.
52.My great x's 7 grand-father came over on the Mayflower, fell over board, and was saved!!
53.I am always chewing gum.
54.I only wear small jewelry. My mom and my daughter love the larger, bolder colors/styles.
55.My daughter has two different colored eyes.
56.The same daughter only has one kidney.
57.I am not athletic at all. I pretend that I could be. Heehee.
58.Reading/writing is my escape.
59.Iced Caramel Lattes are a part of my weekly survival.
60.I love to observe people. Craziest thing, I know.
61.I never thought as a child that I would have a large family. Actually, never gave it any thought.
62. Attempt to live every day for the Lord.
63.Love hardwood floors.
64.Have tried every vacuum out there - if you really want to know my favorite, don't be afraid to ask.
65.Have learned that my trials changed my life for the better in so many ways.
66.Almost signed up for Survivor 5 years ago. Crazy- I know.
67.Still miss my sweet babies that are with the Lord. They were so precious.
68.I see my weaknesses more and more as I get older.
69.My dogs name is Flag. (We got him on Memorial Day!) (No making fun!!! - Poor dog.)
70.I didn't start wearing make-up until I was 30.
71.My eyelashes on my right side are blond, and on the left they are darker brown.
72.Love stripes, polka-dots and brighter colors on my children, but not myself.
73.I took ballet from age 4 to age 10. Loved it.. and still do.
74.Would love to take ball-room, swing, and hip-hoop dance lessons some day.
75.Will be married 20 years this year. ( 2009)
76.I am an extremely empathetic person. Sometimes too much.
77.Have an Iodine allergy.
78.Pittsburgh Steelers are my favorite football team. No rhyme or reason here.
79.I live in a very beautiful part of the United States.
80.Snow is not my friend.
81.I have supersonic hearing. It is annoying, yet helpful.
82.Honestly, I do not like handling coins. They are so dirty. ( another OCB thing, I know.)
83.My mom has a beautiful singing voice. She sang on stage for many years as I grew up.
84.Dream of someday have a beautiful picture taken of my children.
85.My husband can find four-leaf clovers without any trouble. It is kinda weird, yet amazing to me.
86.I never understood making lists like this, until, I thought about it going into my journals for my children. Aren't you glad you get this little peek into my strange life?
87.The Bobbsey Twins Books were my favorite growing up.
88.Love a french-manicure. ( although, the only ones I have ever had were by moi'!)
89.I use to have an obsession with holding the TV controller when we had TV. Gone are those days with Teenagers in the house.
90.I have always loved Birch Trees. Had one growing up, and would peel the white bark off. Now, find out it is bad for the tree. Still love them.
91.I love color. Every room in my home is a different color. Not one wall is white.
92.Love to visit schools, Churches, and teach the Bible to young children.
93. I love to find people with the genuine gift of encouragement.
94. Admire those that live what they expect out of others.
95.Really, really do not like beets and liver.
96.Live in the woods, and never want to leave the country.
97.Have the best family in the world! ( It's ok if you disagree with this one.)
98.Purposely do not listen to talk radio.
99.Have learned to make the most of every day. The Lord has entrusted me with so much.
100.Did I mention that I do not like my feet? (lol- like this is really important!)

Labels:

14 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I could definitely use some of your supersonic hearing. That's really interesting that your greatx7 gpa came over on the Mayflower! Even more interesting that he fell overboard. Glad they picked him out! I like the ocean too. I prefer the Pacific over the Atlantic. Or really I should say I prefer Hawaii. lol

     
  • At June 11, 2009 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Very interesting, and thanks for sharing. Daisies are my favorite too and I also had them in my wedding!! How cool that you built your house!

     
  • At June 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    I'm impressed! I started mine months ago & I'm not sure I even got to 20! I loved learning more about you!

     
  • At June 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    September, you cheated! You put that you love daisies twice - sorry have to come up with one more! hee hee

    I love daisies too - although heavenly blue morning glories are my absolute favorite!

    I need sunlight too!

    I can't stand cold either and only like to look at snow from a distance.

    Which child only has one kidney? Born without it?

    All gray? What's your natural hair color?

    So I guess you didn't see the new Star Trek then? It was so good! :)

    You got the happy gram award!? Yeah for you!

    I'm a people observer too. Too much fun. We watch people in parking lots while listening to movie music. Too much fun.

    I don't watch Survivor but I'd watch it if you were on it!

    Yes, super sonic hearing could be difficult in a full house - glad I don't have it. ha!

    I loved reading your list! You are my kind of gal. Too bad we live so far away from each other. boo hoo.

    Love you.
    Lynnette

     
  • At June 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I enjoyed reading this post. You are a lot like me. Looking forward to your future posts.

     
  • At June 12, 2009 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Carla said...

    Great list! I think I'm going to have to borrow your idea some day :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It was fun to get so many comments :) I look forward to following your big beautiful family.

     
  • At June 13, 2009 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Ange said...

    Hi September,

    I enjoyed reading your interesting facts!I had to come back to finish them! LOL ! Don't know how you did it...I don't think I could come up with 100 things. Maybe I should try. I love the ocean too....I long for it! We live in the desert...oh so dry here. BUT I am grateful for so much! Bless you sweet lady! Ange

     
  • At June 15, 2009 at 2:22 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    Hi September,...This is August,...(;0...I mean Linda ((smile)) I was born in August,....

    I LOVE your name. Have you ever met another person named September? You are the only one I know of.

    Thanks for your sweet comments from my Wednesday's Walk. I just read it, cuz I have been out of town.

    Yes of course you may feel free to print out my poem and put it on the fridge if you like.

    "I hope it helps in some small way to bring a smile to you today!" Once I start writing poems I get into the "rhyme mode",...sorry! ((smile))

    Hey, I loved your 100 things list.
    I love the ocean too. And I think Daisies are so fresh looking and pretty.

    I too love to meet encouraging people. (I thank people in stores all of the time when they are nice to me,...because so many clerks nowadays are not friendly or nice,...sad to say)

    I like frnch manicures too,...but I also do them myself.

    As I am getting older, I too see my faults and shortcomings more than I did when I was young.

    I could go on and on with similarities and how I related to your list. (But I will show some restraint Ha!) I do like changing the furniture around. I think we are kindred spirits! ((smile))

     
  • At June 16, 2009 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I, too, open up the blinds and curtains first thing every morning! I think I even put that in my 100 Things post!

     
  • At June 16, 2009 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Sweet Millie said...

    The more I know about you the more I like about you!!!!!
    Erica

     
  • At June 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    September...it was lovely to get to know you better...and I was right with you smiling along until I read that you like the Pittsburgh Steelers. I don't know if we can continue this friendship of ours...for, dear friend, I am a Cleveland Browns fan. This is a grave concern! I am going to try and forgive you and move past this flaw. Maybe even pray that you see the light! (Hee Hee) Especially since you love front porches with rockers, which I don't have yet...but would really like to have. Thanks for sharing your 100 things post.

    And...I still love you...even if you do like the ahem...Stinky Steelers. =)

     
  • At June 16, 2009 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    OOPs...I was the Kelly who left the last comment...I was still logged into my personal account and didn't realize it! I guess that's what I get for trashing your football team...although I stand by my love for the Browns and my hope that you will eventually see the light! =)

     
  • At June 17, 2009 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

    I cannot imagine how much creative energy it takes to answer this. GREAT JOB!

    :)

    Fun.
    Informative.
    And just plain great@

    Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At June 25, 2009 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello my sweet 20+ year friend,

    I love that I knew the majority of your 100 things - not the Mayflower thing - or the foot thing - the nail thing - or the roller skates . . Didn't you have a foot pillow in High School!! I also love that when I do see you - which is always WAY too far apart in time - it's like we were never apart.

    When you want to escape your country life, give me a call and you can come to my end of the world country life:)

    Love ya bunches,
    Dede

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home