One September Day

Monday, May 11, 2009

No Way - NOT ME!!

On this Glorious Monday afternoon, I am going to write a post about all of things I did NOT do this weekend.
This is such a grand idea from MckMama. Stop by her blog for a visit,( Just click on the button above),) or join me on Mondays with your own "Not Me Monday" post!
This past week truly was a grand week of interesting events.
We didn't spent a wonderful day in the Hospital with our 6 month old. Not waiting for 3 Grand hours to be seen!
Thankfully she is alright, and we are all back to our normal days!
But here we go...
Friday night brought Family night here in the McCarthy household, and we made our weekly round of 4 pizzas to feed the clan!
4 liters of Soda ( as we call it here) were brought home to make the night special.
I did not dump the remainder of the Soda after everyone had their fill. Why, would I rid this home of such poison? Not me, I would not do this wasteful thing.
Nor did I just secretly throw away 15 chocolate chip cookies that were made yesterday, because I did not know that everyone here has had enough. Where DO these rumors start?
Everyone knows I would never throw away ANY thing in this home with sugar in it if I see it laying out. Nope.
But, on a NOT so wasteful note, I was not surprised AGAIN at my daughter as I walked into the kitchen and found her cutting onions and holding her fingertips in her eyes,, RUBBING them, and saying that it does NOT hurt her eyes at all to chop onions for mommy! Ugh!
And, NO way, did I only ask for the house to be cleaned and for a bag of bird seed for Mothers Day. I did NOT even entertain the idea of asking them all to leave for Mother's Day, and letting me clean allll alone the entire day. What mother would even think to do such a thing? NOT me.
NOR did I pack three of my own reading books to my own Children's Piano Recital. ( Which is scheduled every year on Mothers Day). It is NOT like I haven't heard these songs from the four that take piano a Million times this year. NO mom would even think to read during a recital.
You would be proud of me,, those books DID sit in my bag the entire time.
This post is NOT too long - I don't think so.
For, I did not think to add that when I took my Special mom to Mothers Day Lunch on Saturday, I WASN'T seen driving my sons old truck, for my husband needed the big van. And while driving this ancient, standard-shifting truck, my mom and I did NOT Die laughing when I turned the corner and the tires squealed so loud you could here me in Kansas.. ( did you hear me Lynnette?)... NOR did we die of embarrassment when I slipped the clutch and accidentally leaned on the horn getting out of the beast! This did NOT draw any attention to us at all!
I better NOT write any more - you are getting a much better picture of who I really am. And we all know that we DON'T want too much of a good thing!
NOT!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At May 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Hi September, this was such a funny "Not Me" post. You have a good sense of humor.

    The part about you driving your mom in the pick-up with the standard stick shift was a hoot,....or should I say a toot?,...since you leaned on the horn getting out! And the part about squealing the tires and it was so loud you could be heard all the way to Kansas! (did you hear it Lynnette?) that made me laugh too. I can see you and your mom cracking up and having a blast.

    How are ya doing with being Pollyanna? I loved that post too. We all need to play the "glad game",..and see the good in people and the good in life. I did a post about being Pollyanna when I first started blogging. I love that movie. Your little "sunshine girl" reminds me of Pollyanna as I look at her from your sidebar,...such a pretty little girl.

    Ok, this is all for now. Just keep writing,...you make me smile.
    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At May 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM , Anonymous MOM said...

    September: I never told you this before, but if you EVER want to buy something for me, it would be the hard-cover book of Pollyana. It was my favorite book that was lost in a flood. I had since I was a child. Yes, dear. I was called, "Pollyanna" as a child and it STILL IS my favorite book. Think maybe we are related? Love MOM

     
  • At May 12, 2009 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Uh Oh! Watch out - I've heard once you get going on these Not Me! posts, you can't quit! :0

    I loved when you said you "didn't" ask the family to leave you alone in the house. I actually asked my family to do that one Mother's Day and I enjoyed every minute of being alone with my baby (whichever one it was at the the time).

    Oh and about the squealing...I wondered what that was! ha!

    This was NOT totally fun to read(okay, it was!).
    Love ya.
    Lynnette

     
  • At May 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Okay - I think I love your mom. She reminds me of my mom.

     
  • At May 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    What a cute Not Me! Post...Isn't Not Me Monday fun? I love that MckMama!

    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comments. Your words touched my heart, once again. I love both the songs you mentioned...and Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus is a special favorite of mine. I sang it often to my mother during her last days on this earth. Oh...what perfect words to answer the entangling dilemma..."Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of this earth will grown strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace."

    As much as I don't love the grave visiting and will probably continue to make my visits scarce...I am glad we went this year. And...I know that our losses are similar. It is no accident that the Lord brought us together. The body of believers is such a beautiful, precious gift. I am so grateful for the encouragement and support we share with other believers. Thank you again for your encouraging words...and for sharing your heart.

    Love to you,
    Kelly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home