One September Day

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time Marches On - Don't Miss the Opportunities...

Another day.. gone so fast! I have learned by watching my family grow and thinking about the years that I have been married.. that

Time Marches On...


When I was a child,, time was irrelevant to me. Isn't it to all children? I never remember thinking that Christmas was "right around the corner," and I can't believe that it is another year already!? Did you think those things? Maybe, I was just totally out in left-field!

(Actually - I have a daughter that is always like that - in left field! She and I are a lot alike in that way I guess!)


Time - now? WOW! A day will pass me by before I realize that I wasn't able to "fit in" all that I would have liked. I will sit down at night and think, tomorrow will be another day, and I will purpose to fit in the things that I ran out of time for today.


Time Marches on!


My point in this post today?.. To remember a few things about each day.

They add up,, and you can never get one back. I will not live with regret.

I will not miss the opportunities that the Lord has for me if I am "in tune" with what he wants for my life,

AND

if I remember His promises.


Like this week,,

I am focusing on His Compassion's are new every morning.

Since I am reminding myself of this, I am not spending my days looking for the ray of light at the end of the tunnel. Why should I look,, it is right there - every day - waiting for me to take hold!

( Oh, if I made it this easy every day!)


There are so many opportunities out there for me to GRAB!
I love to serve others.

I will not focus on time gone, but on what I can do for Him and others today!
I can recall quite a few times in the past that I have been prompted to call someone, or send them a card,, perhaps pray for them that day or week. Did I follow those promptings- I have to admit that there were many times that I did not.
Later, to my dismay, to find that it would have been a much needed encouragement to them.
I want to seize the plans He has for me.
I read this the other day -
We need to be careful to not put a period where God has a comma...
Ahhhhh..
God has better plans that what I could ever imagine.





4 Comments:

  • At April 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    "God has better plans than what I could ever imagine." Amen!!!

     
  • At April 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Amen! I loved this:
    "Why should I look, it is right there - every day - waiting for me to take hold!"

    Isn't that true! Sometimes we search and search for something that's right there for us to grab a hold of! I'm so guilty of this.

    I love the perspective you offer. Busy moms...busy busy busy. I don't think there will ever be time for everything in a day but the key is to embrace each day and EACH MOMENT!

    Thanks September.
    Love ya.
    Lynnette

     
  • At April 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Hi September. I love this post. I am trying so hard to remember to take hold of every single blessing, every day, instead of looking too far into the future for blessings to come or dwelling on the past. I am really hoping to live every day in the moment, because you are right. Time goes by so fast and it seems lately the day has passed before I even realized it began!

    Have a wonderful Easter!!

    Kristin

     
  • At April 10, 2009 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    Great message!!! And...I loved your comment on my Wednesdays Walk post...now, I just have to find me a pink light saber! =)

    Have a Wonderful Easter!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home