One September Day

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

This Moment in Time...



I knew that this day would come. It just arrived too quickly.

It is something casual to many,, a common occurrence.


I haven't discovered yet how to take any new change in my children's lives with a shrug, a nod, or even a blink...

If I did... I might miss something special.

My oldest son will turn 17 this weekend. Not many make a fanfare for 17. We will probably not either . But my heart is stretching as he himself grows - in years. I know it is all in preparation for his and mine future... apart.

He is my firstborn son. A gift in the middle of a storm.
A melody in my heart as he grew, and now making his own melody with his own gifts from God.



My Benjamin - Ben... I love you son.

My heart and voice prayed over your life in the womb, and now - as you grow into manhood.

Prayers of Health, safety, purity in thought, action and living.

Prayers for your life to Honor the Lord in all that you attempt to do.
Fervent prayers/ Pleading prayers/ Thankful prayers.


You have been a blessing to us through your 17 years, and we love you.
It is our prayer that you will keep your eyes focused on Christ. Keep your life verse close to your heart - 2 Timothy 2:15.


Your smile is contagious-mischievous.

Your laugh- subtle often. Hearty - fun .




Happy Birthday Ben! Son. I love you.

This Moment in Time.




Ben holding little Sister Maryahna at Beach



Ben and Baby Sister Ava

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At March 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh September, I know how you feel. It's been difficult for me to watch my son grow up too. It's such a blessing to watch them grow, but there's just something about watching your son become a man that does something to a momma's heart.

    You have a very handsome young man. Does he know what his plans are for the future? Any interests? Jared knew from about the time he was 14 that he wanted to be a film score composer - but I know that's kind of unusual at that age.

    By the way, I saw that really CUTE picture of you above your profile. You are beautiful September.

    I hope you'll join us for Wednesday's Walk again tomorrow. I'm doing a re-post because I'm just not feeling so great and want to go to bed. I think that things are pollinating and I'm doing the allergy thing. Blah!

    I hope you're having a nice day - even though Ben is turning 17 this weekend. hee hee Just keep enjoying every single day and don't think too far ahead. That's what I do. I know that God will give me everything I need AS I NEED IT! :) So, I just try to leave it for then.

    Love ya.
    Lynnette

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home