One September Day

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ever Have a Pity Party?

Ever Have a Pity Party?

Ohh,, they are so much fun - NOT!!!

Well, I was in the middle of throwing one of these parties for myself this past weekend.
I can't brag and say that a lot of planning and "to-do" went into this party.
It wasn't well thought out, nor did I send out invitations.

It was just a plain-ole' boring, selfish, pathetic pity-party.

Why share this with all of you?


Good question... except that I realized that my blog is my journaling to print and keep for my children in the future. And I know some day they may want to have a party like this for them self, and I might be able to give them some pointers on what "NOT" to do.

It went like this. I had a difficult week. Well, maybe a difficult month. A lot of circumstances led to this point. I came to a point where I felt as if there was no way to see the light at the end of the tunnel. No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. ( Although, giggling to myself, I would say that pot of gold would probably have helped with a few of my "woes" at the time -temporarily.)

So, the Pity-Party Begins. I am so "tired of this." ... "This is too hard!"... "Why, why, why?" ... These were the words on my invitation list to get my Party Rolling.


Ta-da!! The party is now in full- swing. I was sharing my "party-spirit" with everyone around me. If they knew me,, they knew I was having this special occasion. My face, my voice, my level of civility were the highlight.


Bottom-line - I was miserable, and so was everyone around me.

And then something crashed my party!! How dare this happen! Everyone knows how rude it is to crash a party... especially one like this. I wanted to carry this through the weekend.. NOPE!

Someone I know, had a situation WORSE than mine.

Their little baby boy- same age as our 5 month old, is having a serious heart condition and is in a PICU . His little heart is failing.

My party is now over. The whole atmosphere has changed - I am not even reveling in the
"party-spirit."


I am ashamed. Chiding myself for this poor judgement. Realizing that I forget to send out the most important invitations of all to my party....Prayer. Hope. And Self-Denial.


If they had arrived... my party would had never happened.


Now I see the real reason it is called a PITY party. Not because of all of the feeling sorry for ourselves,, but because it is a PITY I am so selfish.


If Prayer had come into my day more aggressively, then I would not have needed that last ditch effort to wallow in my "sorrows."

If Hope had its place in my walk that day, nothing else other than the Lord would have been necessary.

And of course self-denial is always the hardest one for me to invite any where. You too?

God first, then others, then ME,,, I wouldn't even have been focusing on me enough to feel as if this party should have happened.


So, yep.. my Pity -Party got rained on! BUT PRAISE THE LORD! Shame on me.
Helping me to not have another party like this for a while - ( yes, I am going to be honest... It will probably happen again.. I am a sinner, and forget my need for Christ frequently.)..is this verse, and many others like it..

Romans 12 :12 - 13.

Philippians 4:6 & 7 -


""Be careful for nothing; but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace which passes all understanding , shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."


So, now that you have heard how my Party was crashed, will you please pray with me for this baby I mentioned earlier. If you want to follow his story, you can click on the link on my side-bar that says MckMiracle. His name is Stellan. Please pray for him.

Now onto the REAL celebrations in my life. I probably missed so many of them while at my party. Don't want to miss any more... glad I can see the sun shining again! Hope you are too.

September


P.S. If you had a similar Party experience, please feel free to share your tips on what "NOT to do" when throwing one of these. Just click the comment button below.





3 Comments:

  • At March 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sadly, I have those parties too. I always feel so shameful when I do.

    I'm assuming you're talking about little Stellan who is having trouble with his heart. It's continually breaking my heart. Poor baby. Poor mommy.

    Yes, it's amazing how the trials (ours or somebody else's) can give us perspective.

    Praise God for showing himself to you and giving you perspective.

    Thanks for sharing friend.
    Lynnette

     
  • At March 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's nice to hear that it's not just me having pity parties currently! :O)

    Your words were an encouragement to me as off and on the past month I have been struggling with discouragement. God is good and has always seen fit to lift me up when I was down!

    Beautiful blog! I loved the music!
    Janell Adler

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 8:08 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    This is a great post! I guess I better cancel my party . . . . I'm sure it was no accident that I read this post today! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home