One September Day

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sweet Sunday Reflections

My Sunday Reflections Come easy this week.
I am blessed and I am thankful.


Sundays have always been my time for reflection. I am always reminded thru His word that I am His child,, being held in His Hands all of the time. Not just when I remember... all of the time.

Sundays seem to be my time for looking ahead. Seeing the New in everything.

Here is a glimpse of what I am leaving behind me this week,, yet, still in my heart to remember:


"Mommy, you are my girlfriend, and I think you are beautiful!" ( Sam- 4 yrs,)

"Sam, I am so happy I am your girlfriend,,, you are so sweet to me! Can I have a kiss?"

"Yes, mommy,, but only you get special kisses!" (Sam)


PRICELESS. Sweet Reflections.

~~~~
Driving past the mailbox, I remember to grab the mail, before heading into the house. It has been a long day, and the mail seemed to be just sitting there waiting for me to pick up and pile up on my counter."

Until I saw and unexpected piece of mail----- you know, the colored envelopes that mean cheer and thoughtfulness. Not bills, or junk ,mail.

The mail that you see has your name hand-written, and not a computer generated stamp of your name - even sometimes miss-spelled.



So,, I sit in the van, sending the children ahead into the house, so that I can open this mysterious envelope in the quiet.
Needless to say... this envelope held a very unexpected blessing,, prayers, and love.
It also brought tears of thanksgiving , and praises to His Name from me.

I love those thoughtful colored envelopes!

PROMISES of HOPE. Sweet Reflections.

~~~~~~~

Saturday dawns a beautiful morning here. It also brought an anticipated, and long-awaited day for my son, Benjamin.
He was playing the piano in our State Wide Talents for Christ Competition.

Ever have those moments with your children, where it hits you ??- this is the Child God gave to us!! A Child growing in Christ, and serving Him. A Child -almost a man - who really does love the Lord. And God has given him a gift.
Lord,, I can never thank you Enough for allowing me to share this with YOU!


Thank you.

Ben won 1st place. It was beautiful to watch and to hear.


Sweet Reflections.

~~~~~~
And then, tonight, while I was taking my regular route on reflecting - a surprise -beyond what my words could even describe - A blessing from my parents that has brought me again to my knees before the Lord.
Another small detail for God - yet, another reminder to me that even this was part of His plan to help me remember that He loves me. And so does my family. All of them.

Sweet Reflections.

~~~~~~

And so..... my Sunday List to Do this week will take a second place for a blog post.
My reflections for the week take priority.

Because I want to Praise Him.
My life this week - All for Jesus, All for Jesus!




Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At April 20, 2009 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congratulations to Ben! How neat that he's a pianist. You should post a video of him playing sometime. I'm thinking of posting videos of Jared and Abigail playing their instruments.

    Well, I'm up WAY to late, so I better get off to bed.

    Love ya.
    Lynnette :)

     
  • At May 18, 2009 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Sandy said...

    I watched your face the day Ben won and was playing his piece on the piano. Yes, the love for him and gratefulness to God was evident in your countenance. I pray that Ben will always be a son who brings joy to his mother's heart.
    God bless you, September! It was so good to see you again.
    Sandy Hall

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    congratulations to Ben!!! He is a handsome young man, and apparently, talented too!

    I have a serious pianist in the family too. My oldest daughter, Tiffany.

    I know you are so proud of him!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home