One September Day

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A New Pollyanna

I love a good laugh!
I tend to be so focused on my tasks at hand each day, that I sometimes lose the moments of fun and laughter. What a shame for me.

So, I am turning over this "new leaf!" Are you laughing with me about this "new leaf" thing? That's ok,, because we all need a good laugh,, especially me.

But, the thing is... I am serious! No, I mean serious about the New leaf thing...

Here it is....
I want to start joining in on the "fun" in every day. The silly that is always around me. The happy and the glad. Basically, I am going to be a new Pollyanna.

Ohh,, this is one of my absolute favorite movies. Really. I know, I know,, some say that movie is sappy, and annoying,, but I love her spirit. Her finding the "glad moments" in every day.

Soo,, Here I go. A "new leaf" beginning. A New Pollyanna. I am sure it won't be too hard to find the "happy" in every day... for I do that already,, but my challenge will be to HAVE the fun and laughter be a part of my life. To join in,, and not just observe.

I think as a mom, over the years, I got "lost" in my efforts to "keep" my home - raising little ones, homeschooling, and keeping things going. My fun spirit that I had before I began this journey of motherhood, seemed to be out on a shelf for a "few" years.

Time to dust off that box I labeled fun, and stored away ! Laughter will be heard again, and we will see what happens.

Hmmm... This is going to surprise my kids. I can only imagine the first time this week I begin to romp around with them and join IN their fun... they may even stop and look at me like I have 4 heads.

And what about when I decide to forfeit the tasks at hand and join the laughter that is going thru the house? - I actually think that the laughter may cease for a minute, while they grasp what just walked into the room - a mom that has turned over a "new leaf!"

Wow -I think this is going to be FUN! See? I am practicing already.

So, here is the New Pollyanna - don't you wish that you could be a fly on my wall? How FUN would that be?

Think of me, this is going to be challenge. Ohhh,, How fun!!



Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At May 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I think that's great you are "turning a new leaf". More laughter and fun is good for you!

     
  • At May 10, 2009 at 1:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Well GOOD FOR YOU!!! We all need a to do that - I'll commit to do that too. I enjoy my children so much - but like you, I tend to get too busy. You've probably read all of my frustrated blogs about being too busy. It's like I need to re-commit every week! ha!

    Have fun!!!

    Love,
    Lynnette

    PS I'll send those emails on tomorrow.

     
  • At May 11, 2009 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Verna said...

    Playing with you children sounds like a lot of fun. Go for it, If someone drops by and they don't like the dust on the furniture. Give them a dust rag and tell them to be your guest.

    I'd rather not be a fly on the wall, you and your children would probably have too much fun chasing me with a fly swatter.

    But it will be interesting to hear about the outcome later.

    Have a great day!

     
  • At May 11, 2009 at 3:51 PM , Anonymous MOM said...

    I am sooooo proud of you, honey. When we forget the joy, the silliness, the sheer funniness, the laughter...we are inadvertently covering our mistakes, our goofs in life - BECAUSE of these funnies, we need HIS grace. ENJOY the LAUGHTER....I'll be right behind you.

    SUGGESTION: When making cookies, gently toss a little flour and watch the expression of the others. It is priceless.

     
  • At May 11, 2009 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi September,

    I wanted to stop by and say Congrat's on winning one of my Temari's...Just stop by my blog:
    http://www.fromshisgarden.blogspot.com/
    and pick what you would like :) If you do not see something you like, let me know and I will custom make your colors..this has been so fun and I have been blessed by being able to share with you! My E-mail is: skowing@hotmail.com...just pop in and let me know what you decide! Blessing Shi~

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Keep us posted on how this is going! My husband gently pointed out to me some time back that I had seemed to have lost my joy, and once I realized he was right, I concluded that the wrong kind of busyness (the kind that was keeping me from reading the Word!) was very much the culprit. The effects of this were spilling over into every corner of my life, including my enjoyment of my children. It's too easy to become a "task-oriented" mom and to forget to find joy in being a mom. Thanks for the thought-provoking post!

    Angela

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home