One September Day

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tea Party Memories

I Love posting on Wednesdays when I can. Bringing memories to my mind each week, has allowed me to post and print these memories for my children.. adding them to my Hope Chest for years later.
Be sure to visit my friend, Lynnette's Blog ( above), and enjoy this weekly idea of Wednesdays Walk as well. Thank you Lynnette.

Tea Party Memories

One of the special Occasions around here when you are a little girl (which is 6 out of nine chances here), is to celebrate your fifth birthday with a big Tea Party!

Because we have a larger family, we have established a tradition to celebrate "big" ( party versus small family get-together.)

When our little girls turn five they are so excited, because this is the year we celebrate with a Tea Party.

It is so sweet. We have a little table that has been in the family for 40 or more years , and we have sanded it, re-painted it, and made it our special Tea Party Table.

This gets decorated with cloth napkins, favors, my special collection of Tea Cups, appetizers, etc.




The girls don their special Dresses ( usually large and antiquated), with white gloves, and sometimes a pretty hat. They invite a few special friends, and we are sure to take a lot of pictures.

Tea is served at "high noon," and little finger sanwhiches, pink ginger-ale, and glorified desserts are always a must!



We have so much fun. The girls get to be little girls - playing dress-up, learning how to hold their tea cups Just right, and of course, playing some games.



One year, we watched Anne of Green Gables, and then my oldest daughter and her friends did an American Girl play re-inactment for them to watch. Each Tea Party is a little different - depending on the daughter.


We will not have another daughter turn 5 for 3 more years.But in the mean-time,, we celebrate our boys special birthday years with some fun things as well.


Here are some fun pics from Lyddie's Tea Party - 4 years ago.





Labels:

12 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2009 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Sally-Ann said...

    What beautiful little girls! What wonderful memories are being created for them, thank you for sharing.

     
  • At April 22, 2009 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

    What a sweet thing to do with your girls! Enjoyed the pictures!

     
  • At April 22, 2009 at 3:01 PM , Blogger HappyascanB said...

    How awesome! I loved the idea of dressing up when I was a little girl; I remember feeling soooo pretty and sophisticated! The table setting was beautiful!

     
  • At April 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    What a wonderful tradition! I imagine that they get so excited to have such a party-to get dressed up in pretty dresses and drink fancy tea. :)

     
  • At April 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Jared Kraft said...

    Hi September,
    I think family traditions are great... We don't do a particular thing for a particular age around here, but we are always sure to celebrate until we drop! : ) lol
    More than a few tea parties have taken place in our dining room!

    By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog. It was very encouraging (also, thanks for listening to some of my music!)

    God bless you,
    Jared

     
  • At April 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    September, this is a sweet post. I love little girls and tea parties and dressing up and birthdays!

    Loved your picture memories from days gone by. The girls are adorable!

    Turning 5 is a big deal! I think it is cute that your girls all look forward to their special celebration when they turn 5.

    I think it is as much fun for the grown ups as it is for the girls,...(almost) to watch their girls having so much fun.

    It is moments like this in life that make it worth living. Thanks for sharing!

    In His Love,
    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At April 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

    There's just nothing more precious than little girls dressed up and having a tea party. My little girl is turning 6 this year and she wants to have her party at a place called the Teapot Depot. It's going to be so much fun!

     
  • At April 23, 2009 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What a beautiful tradition! Girls love tea parties don't they? I sure do. We've had our fair share. :)

    I loved the pictures of your girlies and their friends.

    Thanks for sharing tea with us.
    Love,
    Lynnette

     
  • At April 23, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Aspiemom said...

    I think that's a wonderful tradition that you have with your girls. I bet they love it and it's such great memories for them when they are older.

    I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At April 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    So sweet! My mother would have loved this. She was a tea party, tea set, victorian-loving lady! I know she is having tea parties in heaven with my little girls, Faith and Grace! Your girls are just beautiful. What fun...and how special these parties must be to them! You have an awesome family. I loved this post, September. Thanks for sharing it.

    Blessings,
    Kelly

     
  • At July 17, 2009 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hannah loved this tea party birthday! She had such a good time with all of her friends, and they all looked like little princesses! Hannah's dress was the flowergirl dress that I made her for her Aunt Faith's wedding, and I was so glad that she had the opportunity to wear it again.

    Thanks for making this memory for Hannah.
    Love,
    Brenda

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    How sweet! The girls look so beautiful all dressed up! My older girls would have loved this, but my baby is newly 5 and all tomboy! I don't know what to do with her -- she hates dresses, wishes she were a boy, wants to play football like her brothers, etc. Please tell me she will outgrow this! I've never had this problem before, but the other girls didn't have 6 older brothers!! ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home