One September Day

Thursday, May 14, 2009

"In My Heart There Rings A Melody"

Wow- I am not sure what is going on here this week!

The kids and I do a lot of singing together - at home, while we are driving, when we are cooking, and even on hikes.. but this week there is a "song in the air."


I sat on the porch for quite a long time this morning, rocking the baby, and watching it rain. While I had this quiet time alone with His Creation, I had one hymn after another come to my lips. I was able to worship so freely, and alone. The words to the songs became my prayers to the Lord, and I knew that HE had given me this time to spend with Him. Quiet time here is quite scarce, and usually occurs when I am so tired that I join the rest of the quiet sleeping family at bed time.

This was beautiful.

We have a few books that are written about the writers, and meanings of 100's of Hymns. If you ever have a chance, I would encourage to find some of these to read. They are amazing! We read them to our children when we teach them a new song.

"I have a song that Jesus gave me, It was sent from heav'n above
There never was a sweeter melody,
'Tis a melody of love."
"In my heart there rings a melody, There rings a melody - WITH HEAVEN'S HARMONY
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody of love!"

Today, songs have been on my lips all day. Some songs - hymns that I have not been singing in a long time are quick to come to my lips. Wow- this is a grand day.

If you have time today- Look up the second verse of 'Take Time to be Holy",, this verse is perfect for my day.


Psalm 103 -Bless the Lord, o my soul - And ALL that is within me - Bless His Holy Name!


*****If you have a favorite hymn, or scripture today, will you share it with me - it will keep me singing!!******



This was taken in my flower bed after the rain. Isn't is beautiful!

We can let God make our moments look like this picture!

5 Comments:

  • At May 14, 2009 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You've been singing because you decided to be Pollyanna! :) Quiet moments are certainly few and far between aren't they? I enjoy every single one that I get!

    Blessings today friend!
    Lynnette

     
  • At May 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    I also like verse # 3:

    Take time to be holy, Let Him be thy guide,
    And run not before Him whatever betide;
    In joy or in sorrow still follow thy Lord,
    And, looking to Jesus, still trust in His Word.


    It reminds me that regardless what is going on in my life that I need to trust him!

    All in all that is a great song.
    Glad you are having a great, joyful day!

     
  • At May 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I like that song! Now it is stuck in my head! There are far too many hymns I love! :)

     
  • At May 16, 2009 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I've been praising the Lord in song a lot the past few days, too! But I'm a little too young to know many hymns. We do have a hymnal, and occasionally I go through it and try to learn a new song. So many hymns have such great words.

    Keep singing and praising! And thanks for your prayers!

     
  • At May 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Loved the hymn,... love those hymns stories, I have a book or two of them,... loved the tulip picture,... love you!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home