One September Day

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

21 Years of Memories







What a great way to share our memories - Thanks to my friend, Lynnette, ( check out her blog -on my sidebar), this weekly opportunity is open to ANY one that would like to Walk down memory lane. I hope you enjoy reading my memories for today.


There are two significant moments in my life ( other than the birth of my children), that I know defines who I am today.

The first occurred 21 years ago , May 8th. ( 8 is my favorite #, by the way - if you care to know).. I celebrate this Wednesday's Walk today because every May I remember this day.

I was 17, and I was asked to go on a blind-date. WHAT were my parents thinking? LOL... ( Mom, if you are reading this... this comment is purely maternal, thinking that I could not imagine us letting Ben do this today)...

I drove to our arranged meeting place with some friends the local miniature - golf spot, also our local Soaring Museum, and picnic area. I remember being quite apprehensive,,, and not expecting any thing but a fun evening with some other believers. I actually didn't even think of this as a "date," but a great opportunity to play some miniature golf.



This day changed my life forever. I met the man that I am married to today. We were engaged THREE months after this chance meeting,, and 21 years later are married - happily, through many ups and downs, and a lot of changes in both of us.


We have moved numerous times, been to Bible School, had our share of "squabbles," built our own home together, been in the labor and delivery room more than I can think to count, and laughed together through many ups and downs.

I celebrate the Anniversary of our meeting, because it is the day that - I walked into the rest of my life. The day that I met the man God had waiting for me to spend the rest of my life with. He is perfect for me, and God knew he would be. I thank the Lord for this man - a man after God's own heart.


~~~~~~

The second monumental moment in my life, that changed my life forever and ever...a day I surrendered ALL.

When I was 12 years old, my family and I went to a wonderful Bible Camp together, and heard the most amazing things I had ever heard. My heart was opened to the truth that I am a sinner, and could be set free. Never had I remembered hearing this before.


My brother and I made a decision that day to accept the Lord as our Savior from sin. Realizing what His Son had done for us on the Cross.. the ultimate sacrifice. How could I turn my back on this offer of Eternal life, when he gave HIS life for me,, for this moment?


I accepted this free gift, decided that day to live my life for HIM,, and never turned back - I ran with it. And I am still running that race - daily - a race that defines my life each and every day.


Romans 6:23 - " For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
~~~~
My walk down memory lane brings me to my knees again to thank the Lord for giving me these moments in time that changed me forever.



Labels:

13 Comments:

  • At May 13, 2009 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    That's so neat met on a blind date. That's how my parents met and they've been married 30 years on May 5. I was 12 too when I was saved. Though I wandered off God's path, He found me and brought me back to Him. Thank you, Lord.

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Thanks for stopping by. ;) I am doing pretty good. I've been in a great mood all week because of my Mother's Day giveaways. I love doing nice things for other people. BTW I really like that song Glory by Selah on your playlist. I had never heard it before.

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog September and for the contest suggestion too! I just read your story and it is an amazing testimony. Thank you so much for sharing it. I think if God wanted me to, I would probably have about 10 kids too! But, it doesn't seem to be his plan for us and that's okay too. :) I am so sorry for your losses, but also so glad that you had the Lord and your faith to lean on during those times. You have such a beautiful family.

    I was also saved at church camp!

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

    What a lovely story of enduring love. It is special to have such beautiful memories. :)

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    What precious memories to share on your Wednesdays Walk! Thank you for sharing another piece of you with us. Miniature golf...what a fun place to meet the love of your life. Thank you again for your words of encouragement. You are a blessing to me, and I'm so glad to have "met" you.

    Blessings sweet friend...

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

    That is so neat how you met and the Lord has richly blessed you and your husband.

    He is good!

     
  • At May 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Sally-Ann said...

    Great post, I love your story. Also love your photo, you both look very happy!

     
  • At May 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    September, This was a good story of how you met your husband. I met my husband on a blind date too,...and in July we will have our 33rd Anniversary.

    Thank you for sharing your salvation testimony too.

    God is so good!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At May 14, 2009 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    September, I LOVE that picture of you guys - it's so cute!

    A blind date huh? I always thought that would be scary. Sounds like it was providential for you! :)

    How wonderful that you found Christ while so young.

    Oops...Harrison's awake - better go nurse him back to sleep.
    Love ya.
    Lynnette

     
  • At May 14, 2009 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

    What a wonderful post! I'm sorry to hear about your losses.. I can't imagine experiencing so much grief so young...

    thank you for sharing.an

     
  • At May 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Yea for church camp! That's where I was baptized too! Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories!!

     
  • At May 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    Go church camp! :) We love kids church camp in particular. :)

    just now read this post of yours from last week. what a sweet story.

    FYI - it was "one september day" when I walked into the rest of my life and met Jeremy. :) seriously. we were married sept 1 2001 - a year to the day we met.

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 9:01 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Loved reading about how you met your husband! You make an adorable couple! God was so gracious to give you a faithful man who would stick by your side through all the trials that you have walked through. So neat to hear of God's working in your life!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home