One September Day

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Walk to Remember


I love Wednesdays. It brings to the forefront of my mind many memories, and the day to recount and share them with my blogging friends. My great, blogging chum, Lynnette, began this great idea of sharing on Wednesdays. If you visit her at http://lynnettekraft.blogspot.com/,
you can read her Wednesday Memories, and many others as well.
Thanks Lynnette, for this fun celebration!
My Memory today is current. not a past time, not in the recesses of my memory. Current, as in a memory made yesterday.
Yesterday was a long and very busy day. ( But, as I blogged about yesterday, it was FUN!)
The evening had was quickly approaching and I found myself eating dinner at 8 p.m. and getting kids to bed later than usual.
It was 8:30, and because we have day light hours longer now, I decided to head out on a walk. The baby was in bed, and the kids were in jammies. Dan arrived home from a late night on the job, and so we headed off on the country road together.
This was a blessing in itself. We never have this opportunity. I LOVE to go walking, and usually have to go alone. Or, at least, the dog and I. This was much better,, although, the dog DID go too.
We had some nice chats about our days, and saw people we knew. The road was quiet, the air was quiet, and it was such a walk to remember.
But....................
If you know me by now, you would know that it had to end on a fun note.
We were half way home, and he was being "pokey-slow!"
I decided to tease him, pick up the pace and start a little jog. I was wearing a skirt, and sneaks, and knew that it would be rather challenging. But, hey! I am always up for a challenge!
It was hilarious... the jog turned into him coming up behind me at a faster pace, and it turned into an all out running race - right out in the middle of the road.
Me, my husband, the dog, my skirt and sneaks, and US!!!
We raced the rest of the way home like that,( not a small feat!).. and I felt like a kid again.
I am sure that we were a sight, but, honestly,, I wouldn't have changed a thing!
This will be a memory my heart will remember.
A "race" to remember!

Labels:

18 Comments:

  • At June 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    September,..I can picture it now. You in your skirt with the "sneaks" and the dog,...and your hubby trying to beat you! Fun!

    Thanks for sharing this special moment with us.
    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    Love this! What a funny and sweet picture this memory conjures up! So glad you have this joyful walk to remember. It's good to feel like a kid again!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Kelly

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM , Blogger jamers said...

    How much fun! THanks for sharing and reminding us that we need to play together. :)

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Sally-Ann said...

    Who won?? What a great memory. Long days sometimes produce the best memories from spur of the moment endings

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Kathryn said...

    How very sweet. :)

    I was saying to a friend that as people we have trouble "living in the moment." Tendency to look either to the past or the future. Kudos to you for focusing on now!

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Raye Ann said...

    Sounds like a wonderfully fun end to a busy yet fun day.

    Blessings

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    Oh how fun! I enjoy having those moments with my hubby! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Karen

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Oh how fun!! It's so great to just let loose like that sometimes and feel like a kid again! I can just picture it now!

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Blogger April said...

    How wonderful. I can only imagine, with the life you two have lived since you have been married, that it was so refreshing to have some time to remember what set your wheels in motion together. Just the two of you. Those times don't come often enough for my husband and I (we only have 1 son and only been married not quite 2 years) but I know that time together, alone is always much deserved and appreciated. I hope we get our "race" soon :)

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    Hi again, September...congrats on being featured on Lynette's Getting to Know You!!! Have a great day!

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Tonya said...

    Found you through Lynnett's blog. Your walk/run adventure sounds like fun indeed! I read your amazing story of happiness, heartache and unfailing faith....God bless you and thank you for sharing it with us!!! You have a beautiful family!!

    Tonya

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hi September! I still can't access your blog from my computer (I'm not sure why), so I'm here on our MacBook! :)

    Enjoy your day in the spotlight. I know everybody will love you just as I do.

    Happy day to you friend.
    Lynnette

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Veronica said...

    Hi September,

    Just stopping by from Lynette's blog to say hi. Hope you have a great day. I will definitely be back to visit!

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

    Enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still finding my way around blogland....

    I always love making new friends..

    I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    Hi September,

    So Happy to see you featured today on Lynnette's Getting to Know You.
    I enjoy reading your blog and feel like you are a friend. Thanks for all your sweet comments!

    Blessings,
    Karen

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Hi September! Just stopping by from Lynnette's.....congrats on being featured today! I loved reading about your run down the street.....I can totally picture it in my head. :) I think if we all just enjoyed life like that and didn't worry about what others thought, we'd all be much happier. Have a wonderful weekend!!

     
  • At June 6, 2009 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

    I really enjoyed reading your Wednesday walk! I was going to leave you a comment then, but then our internet went down.

    Anyway, now today I see you are featured on Lynnette's blog. Congrats!!

     
  • At June 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    Hi September! this post is so fun! and a great memory. :) I love times like that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home