One September Day

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What Could be more Fun Than This?

Honestly - Every Occupation has its ups & downs- But, I truly do not think that any thing could top the gamut of FUN that a MOM gets to experience ! I am always amazed when I sit down at the end of the day ( errr, I mean collapse).. and I think about what I experienced .

For example -

Today,

A simple jump in the "bus" and run down the road to Grandma's House, turned into -pulling over and changing the baby's messy diaper that had "gotten out of control" ( I will spare you the details),, and the creative way I had to handle it,,, being that I was only running down the road for blueberries, minus a packed diaper bag... it was interesting to say the least. Not to mention, it took about 15 minutes to run a 5 minute blueberry -borrowing errand!



OHHH,,, I can't forget the moment I discovered my 2 year old Shirley Temple strolling around the yard barefoot ( typical fashion for this carefree soul), holding in her hands 10 ( TEN -I SAID),, Dum-Dum Lollipops in her hands. Assorted colors and flavors -ALL unwrapped, arranged like a bouquet of flowers in her hand..,, sweetly licking the handful..all as ONE sucker! It was probably a good moment of teaching and correction, but, alas, I saw it as a great photo-op moment; Seized the fun, and made her pose in various positions for her "dumm-Dumm" Lollipop Picture. It was Sight,, and it was "SWEET!"



But, I know there is no fun in finding that two of our baby chickies ( out of 50) had "passed on," and the sad emotions from crying children were dealt with and we are moving on, hence still taking care of 48 little peeps,, food, water, and care three times a day.



I would be remiss to forget to mention the bee sting under a toe-nail for one of the kids, a bon-fire all day for the Old-tattered swing set/ play house that we decided needed to be dismantled at 10 p.m. last night, administering Annual School testing to my homeschooled children, ( being sure they are filling in all of those answer circles, while nursing a baby, and making the yummy blueberry muffins..)

The challenge of persuading 4 year old Sam to release his fading Lightning Bugs from their quart jar home ( after being held all night in bed,, keeping Sam company and delighted),,was exactly that - CHALLENGING. I was able to help him understand that we would be able to catch some more tonight for him to sleep with, and he settled for that. Honestly - this was priceless.

Following this release of the lightning -bugs ( which aren't so appealling in daylight, by the way), we were able to bad-aid some boo-boo's, get some much needed snacks, and put the potty-training on a shelf for another day!

THIS WAS ALL BEFORE 11 in the morning!


What could be more fun than this?


And I mean this from the bottom of my heart.
Motherhood is challenging, time-consuming, exhausting some days, but truly - it can be fun!



Now we are off to weed the garden, head to soccer practice, run to the store to get a new "Chicken light," work on U.S. History while at the Soccer field waiting, run Teens to their evening jobs, and maybe eat dinner in there somewhere!



All the while ( this is definitely a country slang-term), singing with psalms, and hymns and praise to the Lord for His goodness.

Remembering -

Psalms 118:24 -

"This is the day that the Lord has made, we will REJOICE and be glad in it!"



( This is our family verse. Some days it truly is a challenge to practice the rejoicing part of that verse, but all in all ... What could be more fun than this?)


Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At June 2, 2009 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    10 DumDums! Ha! Bet that was a sight!! lol

     
  • At June 2, 2009 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Raye Ann said...

    There is no greater challenge and no greater joy than being a MOM. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

    You outlook on life and your joy are such a blessing every time I stop by that I just had to pass this award on to you. Stop on by and pick it up if you wish.

    Blessings.

     
  • At June 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    the 10 suckers made me laugh! did you take a picture? I bet she was adorable! and I love your family's verese. what a great thing for each family member to think about... to rejoice and be glad!

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 5:47 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    Congrats on being the featured blogger!!! :)

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Ange said...

    I love your perspective in how you find joy in the simplest of moments. Also, you really have a special gift of expressing the heart of God for all of us and how much He cares for even the smallest of details of our lives. Thank you for sharing your gifts with the world September! Ange

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I love that verse and often quote it or sing it to my children at the beginning of the day! You sound like a fun mom. :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home