One September Day

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Oldest Daughter Turns 16 Today!



I can hardly believe this day is here. Honestly.
Typical Mother comment, I know,, but it seems like it was just yesterday that I held my beautiful baby girl in my arms as she was born.
She was 9 #'s 3 oz. and so full of life.
She still is the "life" of our home today.
If I were to ask any one that knows my Sarah to describe her in one word, here would be a few choices that we might hear:
Fun, Crazy, Silly, Daring, Frank/Blunt, Tenacious, Creative, and did I say FUN?
When Sarah was born, she was only content sleeping on her daddy's chest for endless months.
I have many pictures of her sound asleep there, with both daddy, and baby girl resting peacefully.

She is # 2 in the line-up, yet the oldest girl.
Oldest daughters of a large family carry a heavier responsibility, and she has carried it well - and although it is not her natural bent to be domesticated and a Keeper at Home, she follows thru and is very capable of running our home without me.

I am sharing some pictures on this very special day - June 18, 2009 - Sarah's 16th Birthday.
I love you Sarah. Your smile and fun-filled spirit will always be a bright spot in our lives.
Your daring, yet, sometimes -hazardous - to - your- health ( a.k.a. broken bones..) experiences will always keep us on our toes.
Your Spiritual Walk is exciting to watch, and we know how much you love the Lord.
Your special times with your younger siblings will always be a special memory for them, and for us.
We pray that you will be sensitive to staying close to God's Word, and the principles that He sets out for you.
Psalms 16:11 -
"Thou will show me the path of life; in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand is pleasures forevermore."
This is your life verse, and will be with you always.
Keep smiling , and sharing your love for life wherever you are. Let your light shine!




I love you sweet daughter of mine. I am so truly thankful for the moment in time that God decided you would be on loan to us.
Your help and perserverance in a large family, with a lot of responsibility is so truly appreciated.
I can't wait to see what you will do for GOD!

Sarah, Sam and Maryahana

A Special Night with Curlers to sleep on- this didn't last for long!

Sarah's Creative Side



A Sweet Reminder of how much time has gone By.


Sarah and Baby Sister - Ava

11 Comments:

  • At June 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Ange said...

    Sarah is so pretty. Enjoy your day with her! We have a Sarah also! I responded to the comment you left on my last post...not sure if you saw it. Praying for you. Hugs! Ange

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Karen said...

    Happy Birthday to Sarah! She is beautiful and sounds like a wonderful young woman!

    My oldest daughter turned 16 this past Saturday. She is our 4th child. I have a post that I want to put up about her, but just have not had time. Got to work on that.

    Blessings on your day!
    Karen

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Blogger April said...

    She still has that little girl smile that I can see in her younger photos. I really would love to have a daughter of my own some day. There's so much joy in seeing a girl transform into to a woman. Happy birthday to your daughter!

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Sarah is beautiful,...(just like her mama) I wish her a very Happy 16th Birthday!!!

    I am sure she and Abigail would be good friends if they lived by each other. They have many similarities in their lives. Both are capable big sisters,...both have joyful spirits...both love the Lord,...etc.

    I could feel your "mama-love" as I read your post September. You are a good mom.

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
    Oh,...and my first daughter weighed 9#'s and 3 oz. too! ((smile))

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Happy Birthday to Sarah!
    What a lovely young lady. May she always seek His will!

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Aspiemom said...

    She is so pretty! Happy Birthday, Sarah!

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Kristen, pajama mama said...

    Happy Birthday, Sarah!
    And congrats on starting a new running program, Mom! I can't imagine how much energy your family requires, but with my young family, keeping active is necessary just to keep up and stay sane!
    By the way, we love Lancaster-my hubby and I were married at the Chapel at WV-my grandparents we're living at WV at the time, so we have fond memories of Amish Country, too!

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 8:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a beautiful tribute to a lovely girl. Birthdays are more special for mom's, at least they are for me. You have a blessed family, may our Lord continue to bestow his gifts upon you!

    Lisa Hill

     
  • At June 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Abigail Kraft said...

    Awwww!!! This has to be one of the sweetest posts I've ever read. :) I love you guys! Happy birthday to Sarah! She should get a blog so we can keep up! :)

    By the way...Ava is one of my favorite girl's names. :) So pretty!

    In His arms,
    --Abigail

     
  • At June 22, 2009 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Your daughter is so pretty!

     
  • At June 25, 2009 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Happy Belated to Sarah! She is beautiful!

    How is her health? Any better?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home