One September Day

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My heart is breaking...

I am so sad.

Life has its ups and downs. We all feel them. Some more than others.
Ever have moments when you are TRULY made aware of just how good your life really is going, when you see another one of God's Children suffering so. Just so badly that you feel it through your day, and carry it to the Lord with such pain for them?

This week, I ran into a friend from school that I see off and on. She and I are the type of friends that it seems life has never moved past the moment we last saw each other, and we are able to "pick up" where we left off the last time we talked. She has such a sweet spirit, and I have always been able to feel at "home" when talking with her.
She and I were chatting, and she told me that a classmate-friend of ours was dying of brain cancer.

Pause...

Disbelief...

Can this be?

This friend, whom she was telling me about, is someone I love. Someone I have invited to Church, visited at her home, and prayed with over troubled pregnancies.
A friend I have not seen in two years.

She was diagnosed with brain cancer two years ago, Christmas Eve.

She had moved. I lost track of her, and she was suffering. Alone. While watching her own father, sister and mother also struggle with Cancer also.
She has two beautiful, young boys. The boys I prayed over , as she carried them.

She is now at home, dying. I didn't know. She has only days left now. Literally.
I am so grieved.
My mind has been wrapped around this for days now, praying, pleading.

Our daily trials seem so trivial in the face of another's suffering.
I have felt this before. Been reminded of this many times.

But, each and every time, I thank the Lord for the life He has given me, and ask him to forgive me for my selfishness when I do grumble or complain.
Please pray for my friend - and her boys.

Each minute is a gift- not worth wasting time wishing we had a different life.
Please pray. Her name is Neva.

Life is a gift. Thank God for yours today.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home