One September Day

Monday, July 20, 2009

How Does your Garden Grow?


I took some pictures of some of the produce from our garden today.
About one hour after I took the pictures, a friend stopped by and as we were talking, she shared a simple truth that I later thought about for quite a while.
So, now, you get to see my garden pictures. I am sure you are just so excited.. but, maybe you will think upon what I share here, as the two tie together.
How uncanny.

My thinking brought me to this ... Someone had shared with her,, and she shared with me, and now I am sharing with you... this thought -

How does your Garden grow?
I am not referring to the piece of land that has been tilled, and cultivated. Seeds planted, watered, and produce grown with care.

Here's the question. What IS YOUR GARDEN?
We all have been planted in a certain place, for a certain time. It is our job to cultivate that as well.
My home, my husband, and my children come first. I may not always produce the best results in my own areas, but it is where I give my time, my energy, my love, and my life.
Others give the same, and yet, are planted in other areas to grow beautiful things.
I think of Kelly, from... http://sufficientgrace-kelly.blogspot.com/
She is a mom, wife, teacher, and she still gives her time, her heart, and her love to a special ministry that is dear to her in so many ways.

I can always see where others have been given that "green thumb!" And that is not just referring to our Gardens.
For example, my friend Erica, owns and beautifies a wonderful shop, and you can visit her shop here.. http://sweetmillies.blogspot.com/
She has been planted here.. and it shows.

What we love - produces the best crop.
What are you cultivating? Are your priorities a little overgrown with weeds?


Perhaps there are things have distracted you, keeping you from your priorities?
Is your crop producing its best yield?
It's time to harvest, and we can all grow beauty around us.
It can't be hidden.
How does your garden grow?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At July 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Erica said...

    I wanted to thank you for sharing the fruits of your labor, we had a delightful dinner!!!
    I too continued to think about this conversation last evening, isn't it funny how a perfect stranger can change your perspective? Your post sums it up beautifully. You are much more eloquent than I...
    Today, I find that I am less concerned with the weeds in my life because I realized my true garden is overflowing with wonderfully amazing happiness.

     
  • At July 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Now there's some food for thought! :-) Thanks for the encouraging post....

    Angela

     
  • At July 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Those are some great harvests from your garden. Thank you for sharing about other gardens!

     
  • At July 26, 2009 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    What a beautiful post, September. In my weed-infested flower garden out front, I have a little plaque that says "Bloom Where God Plants You". Such a simple truth...but something we sometimes forget. God has placed us in our "gardens" for a purpose. We are to bloom where we are with what we are given to care for. Thank you for this reminder and encouragement. And thank you for the kind words. You blessed me more than you know, sweet friend.

    September, have I sent you a Dreams of You Memory Book? I can't remember. If you would like one, will you please email me? I think of your babies often, as we are somewhat kindred spirits in that regard. (Certainly not in our choices of football teams...ahem...but in other things.)

    Love to you,
    Kelly

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home