One September Day

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Little Elbow Grease

This Fall has brought out the Cleaning, Re-arranging, and Painting Re-Do's in my home. I love progress!
Love it.. Love it... Love it!!
Even if it takes three weeks to get my hardwood floors re-sanded, stained and polyed... with all of my dining room furniture crammed into my kitchen! Not to mention bucket loads of dust everywhere!!

How is it that we can "tolerate" this when we know there is going to be a finished prodcut worth the patience it takes to live like that for weeks?

And then,, I decided to turn my boring, plain - jane dining room, into a work in progress, by painting the brown walls, into 2 -tone soft pink, and ivory. With pearl trim, and accessories to come soon.


But the topper, and a bold move for me at that... was my front door!
It was a nice Victorian burgandy, and I decided that blue was going to be the new color. So,,, here is the new - blue! I love it. It looks even better in person!
Could I leave it at JUST the door? Nope. Not me,, and so today we are spraying my white porch rockers the same blue to tie it all together. I hope this looks ok. I am so in love with my porch. It is my quiet place. Where I can retreat and entertain.


So the rest of the week brings painting a bathroom, all the trim in living room, and a new white finish on the bedroom doors,, to spruce them up a little.

So, What are YOU working on right now? Painting, Decorating? Cross- Stitch.. etc? Let me know.. inspire me more!

12 Comments:

  • At October 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    We have no work in progress other then decluttering, which I guess is always a work in progress! I love that blue! I think the rockers will look great next to it!

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    still working to get everything in a proper place in our new apartment.
    Totally exhausted, and kinda lazy at home this week since we are so busy at the office since it got cold.

    Hopefully by the week end I can finish the plastic canvas doll set, and get to quilting my upcoming grandchild's quilt.

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Kami said...

    You are certainly a busy woman! I love to see how much work you're getting done - it is really inspiring! :)

    Me? Not much! Just trying to keep my head on straight while driving kids to here and there, making dinners, having happy kiddos .. the usual :)

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I, too, find your blog very heartwarming and I love coming back to visit :)

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    We just finished painting our kids' bedrooms, turning Abel and Amariah's bedroom from flat white to a soft brown and the baby room from flat white to lavender. I also just recently went through my kitchen cupboards, kids' closets, and everything we have in storage and set aside stuff to get rid of. It feels so good to declutter!

    Your paint choices are beautiful, by the way!

    In Christ,
    Angela

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I really like your blue door!! It's a nice color!! I'm really not working on anything. I'm just trying to finish up Carleigh's scrapbook. It's taking me forever. I need a kick in the behind.

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Paige said...

    love the blue chair update!! you have been a busy woman- we are getting ready for this new baby to come, a week from tomorrow. 3 loads of laundry today, making picture frames, bag tags for my etsy store and baby gifts, bulletin boards and hairbows!!! staying very busy!!

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Wow September, you have really been busy. Everything looks so nice!

    I have an award for you on my blog!

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At October 6, 2009 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Stayathomemommy said...

    Hi I just found your blog and thought I would stop in periodically so I became a follower. Hope you are having a blessed Tuesday!
    ~Karrie

     
  • At October 9, 2009 at 1:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Uh oh! You got the fever! Makes me wanna paint my dining room! I'm dying too - just waiting on some money and time (two things I'm VERY short on)!

    Looks lovely!

     
  • At October 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Sweet Millie said...

    Everything looks wonderful! I can't wait to see it in person, you know how I love pink. Also the little white table looks so sweet with my favorite mags tucked on the bottom. I think you painted more than I did this week!
    xxxooo
    Erica

     
  • At October 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    Nice! Maybe this will inspire me to get to some of my projects! Those doors are beautiful. :o)

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Fall energizes me too! But, then there doesn't seem to be time for household projects when school is in full swing. How do you find the time? Do you stay up all night painting? (Been there, done that when in redecorating mode!)

    I LOVE the blue you have chosen! Please post a picture of your porch! I bet it is so cozy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home