One September Day

Monday, September 28, 2009

Am I Genuine?


I have chosen laughter.
I have chosen love.
I have chosen to make choices that I know will last forever.Forever in Eternity.. and Forever in our hearts.

A recent occurence in my life has challenged my day to day life.
If I can give the gift of being genuine to those I know, meet, love, and the ONE I live for, then I will be accomplishing the one thing that I know will make a lasting impact on my eternity.

So, every day, I am asking myself- Am I genuine? And what am I passionately genuine about?When I talk to someone, am I really listening? With my heart?

When I tell my family I love them, am I showing them this too?

Do I follow through with the things I say to others?

Am I embracing the trials or struggles that I know are meant for my good?

Can I look in the face of all I know and have peace ?

Do I worship, or proclaim His promises and blessings and do I see them in each day as well?

I posted this picture of my two youngest daughters spending time together playing.

This is a picture of genuine love.

Being Genuine - It is a gift to all that know us. I can try to give this gift. It's worth the try.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At September 28, 2009 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Aspiemom said...

    Very beautifully written. When you said about following through what you say to others I thought of how people often say "I'll pray for you" and aren't sincere in that. I try not to ever say that to people unless I know I really will.

    That's such a sweet picture!

     
  • At September 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What a sweet picture! I totally agree with you. There is a difference between being polite and being genuine. I think we all should be more genuine!

     
  • At September 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Brianna said...

    I just came across your blog today and read your story. Wow. You have no idea what an encouragement you are to me. Praise God. I admire your faith and strength. Thank you.

     
  • At September 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I pray that every day I can be a genuine person for the Lord. I hope that real love shines from my heart.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home