One September Day

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's a Party- Join Me!!



Isn't this the prettiest blog button?
I borrowed it from my friend Lynnette.
It is my favorite time of the year- and so I am joining in this Harvest blog party, and hope that you will too!
You don't know what to do?
It is SIMPLE!


It's a Get to Know You Party-If you don't know enough about me yet- Here are Some Silly Questions and Some Silly/Weird Answers..

AND then.. Just click on the very pretty Blog Party Button above to visit my friend Lynnette, and more bloggers as they join in the same fun!

Lynnette has the greatest ideas , doesn't she?

OK--- Here are the questions that I answered top help "re-introduce" myself.

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?

Hmmm..... I love chewing gum. I am sure it is an annoying habit.. in fact, when my children chew gum, it annoys me,, but I do chew gum while blogging.

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?

I suppose this question could be spiritually "deep," or ridiculously shallow.. soo..I could not live with out my refrigerator. There,, that was easy.


3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?

I would definitely say Farm. We live in the country,, near the Farms, and although I LOVE the beach,, I love living here.


4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?

Cleaning the refrigerator. Hate it. I pay my kids big "bucks" to do this. LOL

5.. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?

I am not a party girl, although we are always entertaining here. What a dichotomy! BUT--- I do LOVE having fun... here or away!


6. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?

I always remove my make-up at night. I am an Oil-of - Olay girl! Haven't you seen me in their ads?


7. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?

I have no hidden talents. None at all. I have always wanted to learn calligraphy though- Will someone teach me? Pleeasse!


9.What's one strange thing you're really good at?

I am really good at Story-telling. Presentations to Children and Teaching. Is this like a boastful question/answer ? Man, I hope not... that was so hard for me to say that I am really good at something.


10. What first attracted you to your spouse?

His hand-shake. Long-story. Another post. Heehee..Got you wondering, huh?


11. What is something you love to smell?

I love the smell of Fall. I also love the smell of my husbands after-shave or cologne. Mmmm..


12. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.

Wow,, this would take too long. Heehee..


13. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?

I spend it on my children or husband. ( Or an Iced-Caramel Latte - I am not hard to please you see?)


14. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?

I am not a silent laugher. ( BTW- my spell-check said this is NOT a word- laugher!!).

Maybe my laughing out loud annoys people? Would you even tell me if it did? lol..


15. Where is your favorite place to shop?

Target. Target, and Hallmark Store.


16. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?

Read, and Cross-Stitch. Maybe, visit with my friends more? Oh.. wait--the question said ONE thing! Ooopss!


17. Are you a big spender or frugal?

I pretend to be frugal. I try to be frugal, and I am just not very frugal.

18. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can't be real)

Probably Anne - Anne of Green Gables


19.. Would you want to be famous?

Nope... I would not. Would you?

20.

I skipped a # on Purpose- It is My Favorite Number. That is my Last little Thing About me.

Did you notice which #?

Wow-- That was fun! Leave me a comment, and join the fun! Thanks for stopping by!

I am posting My "Where do you Live" pics tomorrow! See you then!













17 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Kami said...

    September I love this post! It is so fun to read these facts about you - I love how your personality shines through in every answer! Thanks for bringing me a smile in my day :)

     
  • At October 20, 2009 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    You skipped #8!! :) I used to watch Anne of Green Gables and I liked it. I like smelling my husband too. After he's taken a shower, of course. lol

     
  • At October 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Queen Diva said...

    This was so fun to read! Thanks for being funny - you're a "laugher"!!!

     
  • At October 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Susan said...

    Dear September,

    So nice to meet you. I just sat and read your beautiful testimony with tears running down my checks.

    God has truly been faithful to you. I'm so blessed to see this, through all your losses.

    You have so many treasures in heaven waiting for you.

    Enjoyed reading your answers as well.

    Your children are beautiful.

    One of my son's was born on Elizabeth's birthday. He is now 24. He has many special needs, and has overcome a brain tumor as well.

    My youngest was born in 1990.

    I'll be back to visit you again!

     
  • At October 20, 2009 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Julie Arduini said...

    This is such a fun looking and great blog. I loved the spell check on laugher, what do they know? It was great to get to know you through this party!

     
  • At October 20, 2009 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Loved your answers! Everyone picked Anne of Green Gables, but me! And we need to know the story behind the hand shake thing!

     
  • At October 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You didn't tell your favorite movie! But that's probably because you've never watched one. Since you want to be Amish and all. Oh wait! You won't live withot your fridge! Can that theory. Ha! You are just toooo fun to goof with. Think of how much fun we're gonna have teasing each other when you come. You'll either love more or be like argh! :)

    You're just plain fun! I love you! My spell checker said "laugher" wasn't a word too. Of course it is!! I said so!!!

    Have a perfectly beautiful day with your kiddos.
    Love
    Lynnette
    ps. Abigail made the pretty button. She's so talented with stuff like that. When she sent it to me I was like ohhhhhhhhh!!!!! I love that button!!!! See we are more alike than we know. Oh wait I guess I just knowed it. I am dorky this morning. And I'm supposed to be productive today! Ha!!!!! Okay I really am done now. Was that the biggest ps you ever got? If not, I could make it longer by saying something else. Hee hee.

     
  • At October 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Blogger MommyIvy said...

    Nice to meet you. I love my hubb'y cologne also.

     
  • At October 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Blogger MommyIvy said...

    By the way, I love the music on your blog!

     
  • At October 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    You had fun with this! :-) I'm looking forward to some follow-up posts!

    In Christ,
    Angela

     
  • At October 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Kari said...

    You left out number 8 lady! I'm a gum chewer too. My jaws get sore from chewing so much. Couldn't tell you what dichotomy means ;o) I always wash my face at night, yay! I'm sure you have a hidden talent somewhere. Um, having lots of kids is a talent in my eyes. I feel like a celebrity for making it through twice. That was hard for me. Can't wait to see the hand shake story. And I love me Iced Caramel or Mocha fraps and lattes myself...I'm a loud laugher (yep, not a word says my computer) - we would have fun together drinking coffee, telling stories, laughing obnoxiously loud annoying everyone around us :o)
    So fun to learn more about you.

    ps...did you remove the post about lessons to teach your kids? I opened it earlier so I could read it later (was on my way out)...I read it, liked it and went to comment and it said the page was gone... :o(

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 12:23 AM , Blogger April said...

    hi I'm visiting from the harvest party via my cell phone it has been fun. :)
    I too am a pretend frugalista...I should try to stop pretending we should have a support group :)
    have a great rest of the week.

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM , Blogger Sherrie said...

    Hello.... just popping in from the Party! I loved reading your answers and getting to know you. You are very funny and clever and brightened my day. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog!

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Nati @ I will praise Him said...

    You skipped #8.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment, really loved the Cat Whisperer Idea!

    And I really enjoyed your answers! Love the way your write!

    Greetings from Germany!

     
  • At October 22, 2009 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Sweet Millie said...

    So much fun! Now I'm convinced that you need to give blogging lessons.
    xxxooo
    e

     
  • At October 26, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    September,
    I thought the blog button was pretty too!

    I have been on a trip so I haven't done the blog party thing,...but maybe I can visit the ladies when I catch up on things.

    You will have fun with Lynnette when you come for a visit. I hope to meet you too.

    I liked your answers to the questions. I have a favorite number that i always use when I exagerate. it is 47. I always say things like 47 thousand and 47million etc. ((smile))

    All for now.
    Hope to see you soon!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At October 31, 2009 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOVE your answers! Good to get to know a little bit more about you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home