One September Day

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Kitchen Finds

Making Meals every day for a Homeschooling Family of 11 people,, (2 adults, three teenagers, 3 middlers, and 3 toddlers)..is an adventure ( to say the least).. in the kitchen.


Honestly, though....The Adventure begins in the Grocery Store..
Shopping for the:  Best Buys and Healthy Choices keeps me hopping...


I love new recipes, and do my best to rotate healthy alternatives into each meal.


Want to see some of my favorite things you would find in my Kitchen?

Our Juicer has been a part of my family for 11 years now.  I would sorely miss its' use and its' beneifts.
Our most regular juice blend is made up of Carrots, Celery, and Romaine Lettuce.

There are so many great reasons to Juice.. ( I will have to do a post soon on Just Juicing!)



My Grain Mill is My Friend!  Why?
I can buy wheat ( unmilled) in bulk 25-50#'s.. wheat, white, - whatever I choose..
and run it through my Handy-Dandy Grain Mill for all or any baking I may need flour for.
Whala!
Fresh whole wheat flour - the BEST!

 



Rice Milk- We are not big into the dairy drinking thing.( added hormones, etc,)
  I have made Rice Milk before, but, honestly.. When I am making practical choices with my time... I have opted to buy it.





I just grabbed a few shots of a few staples that we use weekly.
The path to Good nutrition can be a great learning process.

The simplest way to begin thinking and making a plan for a Healthy Household, is to start with this thought,
"what I put into my body is going to not only fuel me for today, but will be re-building the cells that carry me through life."
Choices. 
Every day.





I am going to link a few of my favorite web sites to this blog, so that you can do some reading of your own as well.
Interested in some basic Healthy Menu ideas?
Feeding a family on a budget, yet with Healthy Choices is challenging, yet a great habit once you begin.
Join me on this Jouney?

More Reading for Healthy Lifestyles Here:



6 Comments:

  • At January 28, 2010 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am trying to change my life around and you are such an example.

    Thanks, Meg B.

     
  • At January 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't know if you like to talk about religion but I am LDS are you? You don't have to answer but I will be coming back here and taking your advice!!! Have a great day!!! Sincerely, Meg B.

     
  • At January 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    we were just talking about getting a juicer. :)

     
  • At January 29, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I love my grain mill! I have a juicer, too, but I haven't used it in quite a while. I would always do a carrot-celery-apple-orange mix. It was yummy and refreshing! I look forward to hearing more from you on juicing (and maybe on healthy eating in general?)! :-)

    Love,
    Angela

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I have all those things too - but I have a Whisper Mill (I love that thing!), and a Champion Juicer (I love that thing too!), I love Ezekiel bread and Grapeseed oil vegenaise (but hate the price), love Bragg's Raw AC Vinegar, and even have organic Rice Dream in my fridge! We're two peas in a pod we are.
    Love ya Red.

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Have you tried Bubbies no vinegar pickles? YUM!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home