One September Day

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gingerbread Snowflakes

I love to create special moments..
with special friends,, for special friends.

Today, I am sharing some pictures of a special winter evening, that my friends and I enjoyed recently.

The Hanging Snowflake Pom-poms were my favorite creation.
I hung them with White lights, and I would make them again in a heart-beat!





The Gingerbread Snowflakes were harder to make, and only for one reason,, I was so tempted to snack at the dough as it chilled!!!!  Yummm!!
I used White CD envelopes with a circle window in the front.. a variety of blue and green tissue paper graced the background of the snowflake through the window of the "favors."











To save time in re-creating the whole evening,, I have just chosen some the special things that were my favorite part of the evening.
But, per request, I am posting the Scrumptious Salad and Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing that many have asked for...
If you would like the directions for the Snowflake Cookies ( gingerbread),, I will share that with you also.  Just be sure to ask!!

Salad Ingredients:
1 Bag Romaine Hearts... Use this type of lettuce,, wash with cold water and chop
Handful Baby Spinach Chopped
Cashew pieces/halves
Craisins
Feta Cheese - crumbled

DRESSING RECIPE:
In a Blender....MIX:
1/3 cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1T Grated Onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Blend until smooth

THEN ADD TO BLENDER  - Gradually:
2/3 cup oil
Stir in 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds

After Mixing salad ingredients.. pour dressing into sald,, and mix thoroughly and gently...
being sure to coat and cover entire salad.
Do not mix dressing into salad until ready to serve.
The dressing is best when the whole salad has been mixed and coated with it.
(This salad is best using specific ingredients)

HAPPY SALAD CRUNCHING!!
~September


5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home