One September Day

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Falling off the bike..

Remember when you learned how to ride a bike? 
I do.  I think it is one of those forever memories engrained on your mind, due to the fear and trust factors.

I was thinking back to Fall ( and how green everything is in my pictures..with no snow..)
and I remembered that my now 5 year old, Sam, learned how to ride his bike.
He is very cautious and thankfully very trusting.

Isn't it the hardest thing to say to your own child....

"It's ok.. ( you have fallen off of your bike and cut your knees and elbows up, and they are bleeding and I feel like a schmuck telling you this..)
You have to get back on the bike and try again."
"And again...
And again.."




This my FAVORITE picture!
A boy's best friend - good times and bad.



SUCCESS!!

And then, after many hours, and much effort, your child has succeeded in not only learning how to ride a bike...
BUT...
they have also gained..
your trust..
your pride...
overcome this fear...
and know that perserverance prevailed!

Wow!  What a lesson for every day life.

7 Comments:

  • At January 30, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sweet pics! Oh the nice green grass, how I miss thee!! Life is very much like a bike, get back up and try again. Thankfully our Heavenly Father is running beside us and guiding our every move! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At January 30, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    That is a great lesson!
    I have a few years yet before my little boy has to learn to ride a bike. :-)

     
  • At January 31, 2010 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Angela said...

    I do have some memories of learning to ride my bike! I remember that I was afraid to turn corners because I would always wreck! LOL

    We're still in the training wheel stage with our kids, but I'm sure we'll be feeling like schmucks soon enough. :-)

    Blessings,
    Angela

     
  • At January 31, 2010 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    It is definitely a great feeling of accomplishment!! I remember running into the giant propane tank b/c I forgot how to use the brakes! lol

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am presently 66 yrs. old. I first learned to ride a bike when I was somewhere between 10 and 13 yrs. old. I was the 8th child of 9our father had deserted us before the 9th was born. Bikes were not all that popular and for us too expensive. My sister Elaine, a few years older than I got a girls bike. One day it was lying in our yard and so I decided that I was going to ride it. I got on it and started pedalling away and much to my surprise I did not fall. This success on first attempt caused me to head off down a nearby dirt road. The front wheel hit a hole and turned sideways flipping me and the bike over. I landed on the ground with the seat of the bike resting on my head. Momentarily stunned I lay there for a few minutes; then got up and road back home.

     
  • At February 8, 2010 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Yeah Sam!

     
  • At September 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the bicycle pics are awesome and very well admiring also cause of their sensitivity and their acceptance in this blog community!
    regards at
    natural skin care

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home