One September Day

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I can't even look!

You would never guess I was a mom of many children, if you knew this little fact about me first...

Teeth:  Loose teeth, pulling teeth, hanging by the thread teeth, missing teeth...
I can't even look.

So ridiculous, I know.
My poor children... from the time that Ben ( oldest), was a baby, and all the way down to our youngest now..I have this weakness of looking at loose teeth.

Will I overcome this weak in the knees, queasy - stomach, and light-headed problem I have?  Probably not.

Solution- someone else has to pull the teeth, wiggle the loose ones, and be the collector, (aka.. Tooth- fairy!)
My children know to not even show me that tooth that dangles from their big smiles,, or to ask me to help them pull it. 
They would prefer to not come to my rescue as I lay prone on the floor from begin totally "grossed - out," as they say!
Do you have silly mom-issues like this that you have never conquered, and quite honestly have no intentions to do so?
Share them with me... or you can just tell me to get over it. 
Although, I won't.. I assure you.

Looks like a good way to loosen up a tooth,, doesn't it... I can't even look!

5 Comments:

  • At February 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    Elayna just lost a tooth tonight! I looked at her gross mouth, touched the tooth and helped her wash it all off... YUCK! I was not flat on the floor but I do get pretty grossed out about it all. It seems like as one is getting teeth another is loosing them!

     
  • At February 18, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Where'd my comment go? Weird! I left one... hmmmm...

    Well anyway, that's pitiful Em! That many kids and you can't pull a tooth - or even watch them do it? Whoa, very sad stuff! :0 Hee hee... that's okay... after all you can't be PERFECT! There had to be something wrong with you.

    Don't you love the noise it makes when it comes out....kind of like a click click and then a flllllshhhwaaaa. Something like that. Did I gross you out?

    Love you, my teeth coming out squeamish friend.

     
  • At February 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Charity Nee said...

    Oh no - i'm sorry! even though i'm only a big sister i still love looking at teeth coming out... except for when {it was} me... =P
    God bless!

     
  • At February 19, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Pulling teeth doesn't faze me in the least! Blood, no blood, it doesn't matter! Actually, I enjoy the thrill of victory in grabbing one of those babies and yanking them out before the poor victim even knows what has happened!!! :)

    Unless you think I am totally without feeling, I'll tell you what does make me squeamish -- seeing their teeth get KNOCKED OUT! Ohhhhh!

     
  • At February 20, 2010 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    We always joked with my SD when she had a lose tooth that we could tie a string around it and the other end to a door and shut the door to pull it out. She never went for it. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home