One September Day

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Why do I always have to share?

Typical comment heard around our home, and I am sure "universal," in any home with children...

"We need to share.. ok?"

WOW!  I have been teacing this concept for 18 years to my children.. and now I am asking MYSELF...

"Why do I have to always share?"

Not getting it?  This is what I am talking about..

***At the table.. baby is fussy.. mom just wants to get through one meal without leaving the table with baby..
Mommy SHARES her seat.. and SHARES her food.

***Mommy is singing in church while holding baby in her ams.. and SHARING hymnal with toddler standing next to her.

***Does a mom ever have a water bottle of her own? 

***Moms of teenager daughters.. SHARING clothes, make up,,,vehicles,, and hair products.

***I don't know of one mom that has her own hair brush or comb? 

***I recently found myself looking at my bedroom, and after a quick scan... realized that:
 -my bed was being used for folding laundry,,
 - my recliner chair was being used for toddler quick cartoon time,
 - my closet was being utilized for overflow of little girl dresses,,
 -and even the toile paper in my own bathroom had ben confiscated for the bathroom  next door!  SHARE!

***When we are out and traveling and the little ones pillows are packed in the trunk, and mine is the only one up front... yep,, you know it... it is not mine to use any more.

***Ever eat a bowl of popcorn all by your lonesome? 

***I KNOW other moms must have experienced the "delight" in seeing one of her little children walking through the house with her toothbrush in their mouth!?  Gotta love it!
SHARE your toothbrush mom  :)

***What mom has never shared her shoes with a daughter? 

***I have never gone through a pack of gum all on my lonesome,,, unless I chew it straight through,, piece by piece before I am home from the store.  ( and .. this... I have .... done).... LAUGH - if you need too... I am ok with that.  :)

***My violin... now my daughters. 

***What about your notebook that you use in Church?  Mine has drawings and scribbles intertwined with the sermon notes.

***My cell phone has pictures and videos taken when and where... I do NOT know... but it is obviously the community phone,, camera, and video recorder.

***A stash of personal craft items, or even scissors, tape or stapler easy to be found at the reach of hand... Not here.. we all SHARE!!

***Sleep time.. coffee time....eating time...I LOVE to SHARE!

All this to remind me WHY I teach my children to share.
Rememering that parenting is not about the rules..
but.. about WHY we do what we do...
I share to - show God's love to me,,, and to those I share with.
Those that make my life what it is... complete.
It is not the things I share that fulfill those needs...
but my desire to give what HE has given me.
Sharing isn't so bad, is it?
( Well,, the toothbrush thing sometimes stretches me!!!)

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At September 5, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Such a great post & I don't think my life would be complete with out sharing. Since I have been a Mommy nothing is ever all mine. Again so wonderful and so very true.

    Have a great day !!

    {{HUGS}}
    Caroline

     
  • At September 5, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    You share whether you like it or not as a mom!!!

     
  • At September 5, 2010 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

    Oh I how I have shared.. thanks once again for a great laugh.

     
  • At September 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    I love this! Thanks for SHARING this .. it brought about a good laugh. Too often I have to remind myself that motherhood is about being selfLESS and that my children come first.

    And just as many times as I tell them to share, I'm often reminding myself as well! :)

     
  • At September 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Coby said...

    This was too fun to read! I would like to add "the bathroom." Even my 11 month-old has figured out how to open the door that I didn't shut all the way. Nothing is sacred! ;-) I wouldn't have it any other way!

     
  • At September 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, September ~ Thank you for SHARING all those little joys in life that we sometimes take for granted or grudgingly tolerate...where would we be without having anyone to share with? Thank you for sharing your gifts with EVERYONE!

     
  • At September 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Great post!!! I've never realized the overall necessity of sharing in a mother's life! :-) Thanks for the encouragement to be okay with that.

    Love,
    Angela

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    Ok...this post was like an article in a woman's magazine! So good.
    You should submit it to one. (:>)

    I loved the light heartedness...and your outlook on sharing.

    Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home