One September Day

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Perfume Counter

When I leave the house.. it is rarely for leisure or pleasure...
When I leave the house.. I usually only have a limited amount of time that I can be "out,".. due to schedules,, nap times, cranky kids and cranky mommy...
When I leave the house ... it is usually to go to the same old spots!

Well,  I left the house a few weeks ago...
And, it was for leisure.
It was without my children...
AND.. I went to the Mall.

Weird.  I am not a shopper. 
It is foreign to me.  I am not used to looking in every store for a needed item.  Finding just the right size, color, and price.
I realized I was more of an observer than a shopper.
It was rather fun observing. 

This is what fascinated me the most...
I was walking through a rather popular store in the mall.. ( one I think I have been in all of four times..)
...and I was rather intent on finding a rather slimming pair of pants... (with a rather stretchable waistline!)

Uproarious laughter!!!  This is what I heard!
I thought this was a store.. full of serious and intent  shoppers..
And I hear a trail of laughter, fun conversation, and chatty women...
and then it hit me!
Right smack dab in the middle of my senses - PERFUME!
Wow!  This was the combination of about three or more brand name perfumes.. being sampled.

This is what drew me.  I stood for a while behind a rack of swim suits, and observed the way that other women spend their leisure time out.
( Kinda weird I know.. picturing me hiding out behind a rack of clothes!  But that is how I have fun!)

AT THE PERFUME COUNTER.
It was so fun to watch.  I never knew that such fun could be had at a perfume counter.
The stories they shared...the scents and new eye color they experimented with.. and all of the laughter that came from that perfume counter..
Opened my eyes to a whole other world of leaving the house.
I never knew that women had such fun, and delight  - while trying on a new scent.
Probably because I do not wear any perfume.  Never have,..maybe someday will?
Either way...they entertained me with their fun that day.
A new challenge to find the fun wherever you are!



My outlook on every day - smile!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At August 25, 2010 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Gosh this reminds me that I haven't been out in a while!!!

     
  • At August 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I LOVE this! Sometimes I wish I could go completely unnoticed in public places just so I could people watch without looking creepy. :-) I'm glad you had an enjoyable, leisurely, outing! We moms need those sometimes.

    Love you,
    Angela

     
  • At August 25, 2010 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Coby said...

    I had to laugh because my weekly outings consist of A) church on Sundays and B) Super Wal-Mart on Thursdays for groceries. I don't remember the last time I was at mall...by myself!

    You put it perfectly when you called it "a whole other world of leaving the house." I'm thinking I should get out more! ;-)

     
  • At August 26, 2010 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    I haven't been out in a while either. I think I need some of that fun. Thanx for sharing.

    Caroline

     
  • At August 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    September...the picture of your little darling is the cutest!!!!!!
    What an adorable little girl.

    You are a mother...through and through! And mothers always deny themselves and give their all to their family. I know, because that's what I always did. And I have no regrets.

    There will be a time in the future when you will find some time to indulge in an outing to the mall by yourself, or to the perfume counter...or whatever strikes your fancy....but now your heart is firmly wrapped around this precious child...and all of the others in your home. It is where you want to be and what you want to be doing. And you are needed and loved and appreciated.

    There may be moments when you dream of time alone I'm sure...but now at 60 I dream of the times I once had when my girls were here with me everyday...needing me. So it goes full circle. (:>)

    God is good all the time...and I do treasure His presence in my life. I treasure the times He gives me with my husband, kids, and grandkids. All of it is good. Like Paul we all just need to be content in each stage of life.

    I enjoy blogging so much and find it a good outlet. On the days when I see adorable little children like yours and read how God is at work, I rejoice along with you.

    When I read of special needs I pray.

    John and I pray for "my blog babies", and the families who are going through trials. We consider it a ministry.

    Praying for you today...that God will bless you real good! (:<)

     
  • At August 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It's funny when you do get a chance to go out, it's like you don't know what to do with yourself! What a fun sight to see of all those people laughing at the counter!

     
  • At August 27, 2010 at 7:33 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Just read this verse this morning and had to share:

    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart." Proverbs 27:9 Amplified

    :)

     
  • At September 9, 2010 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    I love Proverbs 27:9 I am glad your last commenter included it.

    And may we all be a sweet fragrance to God!

    Love, Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home