One September Day

Friday, July 9, 2010

Absence makes the heart...

.. grow fonder?

Or Absence makes... the heart grow stronger!?

Today marks the day that we greet our daughter home after only one week of her being away at a basketball camp.
OK.. I am SURE that all of the parents reading this that have had children move on... go to college, marriage.. move away.. etc. are rolling their eyes at this post.

Honestly,, this post is not about missing my child.. or her absence.. it is about my honesty.
I have mentioned before.. and I will mention again... I am a transparent person, and as genuine as I can be...
so, when I write about the praises of my children, I also write about the weaknesses of mine.

So, back to basketball camp.
One week away - she sent one text, and called and left a "Happy Anniversary" song on the machine for us this week.
Other than that... she was experiencing a big week, and I was reflecting.

Reflecting on that whole ..
"Absence makes the heart ..."

Sarah was born with a tender heart.  Would you know that from talking to her?  Nope.  You have to really KNOW her.  She is one that will make you laugh.
Sarah was born  to lead... Would you know that from meeting her?... probably.
Sarah was born to show little emotion.  Humanly speaking.. when it comes to the Lords plan for her life.. the emotion is there.
Sarah was born 2nd- but oldest girl.... and she takes that pretty seriously.
Sarah and I always agreeNot really.
Sarah loves domestication and shares my interestsNot really.
Sarah is anxious to be out and serving the Lord.  I can see it happening fast.

Sarah went away for a week, and I expected my heart to grow "fonder",,,,
But, rather..
"Absence made my heart grow stronger.."

The Lord is preparing me to let her be what HE has always wanted for her.
It was just my job to guide and raise her for this time in her life.
My heart is stronger now...
That I have reflected on all of the things God gave Sarah from the time she was born...

Sarah is His.  Would you know that from meeting her - 100%  yes!
So, I will not stand, weeping for sadness when my girl goes off to basketball camp, or when she graduates next year...
I will weep ( and she won't - no emotion - remember?  heehee,)... for JOY..
that our hearts can grow STRONGER with absence!
Another week of great lessons from the Lord to me.







I am so glad you are home again, my dearest daughter.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At July 10, 2010 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    What a great post and a wonderful daughter. She is beautiful.
    Thanx for sharing. I know when I was young and I would go to my Grandparents and stay for a week oh how my parents were so happy to see me. It was good for both of us.

    Caroline

     
  • At July 10, 2010 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Coby said...

    What a wonderful post! She is just beautiful - and she sounds like a beautiful girl on the inside, too.

     
  • At July 10, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    you have beautiful girls! such a sweet post. I'm sure it is hard but exciting to go through all of those stages with them as they grow into the women God created them to be! I'll be there too one day!

     
  • At July 10, 2010 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Your girls are beautiful! This post was encouraging to me because it reminds me that, as my kids grow up, I need to let them be who God created them to be--even if that's not like me!

    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog tonight. I'm glad we're friends. :-)

    Love,
    Angela

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home