One September Day

Monday, June 28, 2010

Are you with Me?! A Hedge...?

Just to preface... this post is NOT, ( I repeat.. NOT) a post to vent, complain or set pity into action... It is a revelation., a prayer, and an experience in the making...

A Hedge, you ask?...
Yep...

I am speaking of a Hedge of Protection...

 Our Life in 2010 has been one series of events after another that would call for defeat, fear, escape, frustration, defeat ( oh, wait.. I said this already, didn't I?)... and bottom line...a crumpled family that has thrown their faith by the way side.

There have been times in my life when life seems to bring days like this... or perhaps even weeks like this... and rarely a month straight of non-stop problems...
But..
2010 -
 NON-STOP ...
not a day, not a week, not a month... constant..
Not to say there are not blessings, wonderful days, and the ability to see God's Handiwork in our lives..

But I am calling this an outright attack.
And this is where the HEDGE OF PROTECTION comes in.

For THIS I am now praying fervently.
Making a list of the things that are breaking left and right ( major appliances, vehicles, etc. ) would be pointless...
Making a list of personal attacks, unexpected financial surprises or ministry struggles would be pointless...
Making a list of our children's sudden and serious health issues that appear out of no where.. would be pointless...

WHY re-inforce to Satan what HE is trying to do...?
Rather...
PRAY for a HEDGE of PROTECTION!

The Lord protects us, and keeps us in the palm of His Hand...
Making this my daily prayer, and Keeping the Faith will be my best "weapon!"

AMEN!????!!!

Waking up every morning, and seeing smiling faces like the one below... just re-inforces the blessings I have and will NEVER take for granted..
Are you under attack?
I would encourage you to Keep the Faith!
Satan only likes to see us brought to a point of discouragement, and see us throw up our hands in defeat..

When you and I feel like throwing our hands up .. think on this...
RAISE THEM HIGH!!!!

BUT..NOT in defeat.. but with our palms opened to the Heavens, asking God to give us strength and fill us with HOPE.

Let's not let Satan get a foothold in the door of discouragement! 
Are ya with me?
God has NEVER failed me... things and people may,, But God?  Nope.



Keep the Faith!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At June 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm with ya! I remember one of "those years" and I also remember stopping one day and yelling "Get behind me satan! I am a child of God and I will NOT live in Fear!" Everything turned around that day! I claimed my "hedge" and all accidents stopped. A lesson I never forgot and have kept close by "in case of emergency." Our God is good!

    Peace,
    Tracey

     
  • At June 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Amen, Sister!

     
  • At June 29, 2010 at 2:23 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    So true Amen !!

    Caroline

     
  • At June 29, 2010 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Praying a hedge of protection around your family and mine. Our year was 2004. After Anna died, you would have thought life would be easy, but everything went wrong for so many months... broken appliances, very sick (hospital stay) child, etc. God uses those times to strengthen us but they are hard.

    Praying praying praying.
    Love you my friend.
    Lynnette

     
  • At June 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Hey -- this sounds just like our spring!!! I wonder if it is godly families everywhere who are under attack! Praying for you to have endurance, and peace and joy in the midst of your trials!

     
  • At August 27, 2010 at 1:38 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    I just read this on Joni Eareckson Tada's blog and thought I'd pass it on ...

    A Heart of Silver

    "He has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs... Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me."
    - Psalm 66:9-11, 20

    "The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart."
    - Proverbs 17:3

    "I love you, God," we say all the time. And we do... I do! But we easily deceive ourselves unless that love for God is proved through a test. Love will say, "I'd do anything for you, God; follow you anywhere." Obedience will say, "... and let me prove it." Obedience is not so much for God's sake, but ours. God wants us to realize the depth of our love for him.

    And so he tests us. He is the one who brings us "into prisons" and "lays burdens on our backs." All the while he never "withholds his love from us." His love drives him to test us in order to refine us like silver. When gold is put through a refining process, it involves heat, as in a furnace. But when silver is refined, it involves pressure, as when one crushes a metal in a crucible. When a test heats up, you want to escape; when a trial is pressuring, you want to collapse. If we hold on, remain faithful, and rigorously obey, our hearts become refined. Obedience melts away pride and prejudice. Obedience crushes into dust self-centeredness revealing a heart, pure and at peace.

    Others will notice when you come forth shining after a crucible experience. They may applaud your perseverance. Even this can be a test: "The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives" (Proverbs 27:21). Your response? "Praise be to God... he has not withheld his love from me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home