One September Day

Sunday, May 30, 2010

It is NOT about US

Different Walks - Same God

A great chum of mine reminded me today that I haven't blogged in about 17 days.
I knew that... and I tried..
It just cannot happen when my heart so full.

I had to focus on what is true, lovely, honest, pure ,, of good report...
To keep my mind and heart free from distraction.

Are you like this?  Do you see all of the people that you know and even some that you don't ...through God's eyes?

Look around this week.   We are walking such different walks.  Some with the Lord by their side, and some without.

There are a lot of people enduring trials, suffering pain,others are rejoicing over new seasons in their lives.

But, God is always the same... Yesterday, TODAY, and Forever!

What comfort we can share with those that don't have any hope!
When I look or talk to someone .....this perspective helps me see past my own cares and concerns and try and focus on them,, then and there....
That they are one of God's creations - and my life is not even the same walk that they have.

I have a lot of friends/family whom share similar daily lives with me... but, we all share our own unique Journey with God.
Am I on the path that HE wants for me?
Am I caring about others and what impact I am having on their Journey.

It is not about US.. is it?
It is about what are WE doing for God and for Others.
Let's not compare our lives with that of another.  We all have a different purpose.

My daily challenge-
Remember that my journey needs to be what God wants,,,not what I want... and I need to remember that we all have a different walk - but GOD is the same... and Boy!  Does HE love us all!

I hope you know that you don't have to walk your Journey Alone...  Let God take your Hand this week and guide you.



Is God using you to walk beside another this week?  I pray that I will stay on His chosen path for me.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At May 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Hey, there you are! Sorry, I just couldn't resist being a little booger-ee. Besides I did miss you. :)

    I enjoyed reading your post. You're right - it's not about US! So many people think it is. me me me me me We are here to serve!

    Lovin' it ... and lovin' you.
    Your good ole' chum,
    Et

     
  • At May 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    And I missed you too!

    God has been so good and I pray daily that I could live a better life and serve him better day by day.

    Yes, many people think it is all about US (Them) and yet how much happier would they/we be if we served God full heartedly without reserves. Thanks for the reminder.

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 1:00 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    What a beautiful post. What a beautiful reminder of how we should always be.

    Have a great holiday weekend.
    Caroline

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great reminder on being the person God wants you to be and created you to be!

     
  • At May 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    Love this! It is so not about us!

    Blessings to you...

     
  • At June 1, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Kami said...

    September this is so well said. This is something that has been on my heart for quite awhile now .. just making sure that I am in the middle of where He wants me to be, and not being led by my own ambitions.

    Thank you for sharing this! Missing you :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home