One September Day

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Look Into their eyes

And see...
All that we are, and all that they will be.

It was day, just like any other..
nap time..
and I told Maryahna, our three year old- Shirley-Temple, that it was time for naps.

As usual, nap time is right in the middle of school, lunches, chores, and I am do not spend a lot of time on the more meaningful things : 
  Songs, books, rubbing their heads... we save that for bedtime.

I ask Maryahna to lay down, so that I can tuck her in...
cover her with her blankets,
recite the every day quote.." Now lay down and rest, ok?  Do not get up and play right now."

A moment passes while I cover her up with her special blanket, shut the blind, and breathe a sigh of motherhood..

Then..
I lean down to give her a kiss...
and..
I look into her eyes..

the window to her soul.

I see:
big brown eyes - and I can SEE what she sees:
a mom in a hurry,
sadness over my sharp tone,
Confusion as to which "mommy" I am going to be when I tuck her in.

My bright eyed beauty has eyes that tell how I am doing as a mommy. 
When I look into her eyes, they tell ALL.
Happiness,
laughter,
Sadness,
Joy or frustration,
contentment,
understanding..
and love.


Talk about conviction!
Take time to Look into their eyes MORE..
and see:
all that we are
and
all that they will be.



Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At March 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    What a beautiful post ! I love it , I look at my children sometimes and wonder what they are thinking when they are just gazing into space.
    Thanx for sharing this.
    Caroline

     
  • At March 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM , Anonymous MOM said...

    What do I see when I look into MY daughter's eyes? For those of you who don't know September, let me share just a little:

    "Our daughter is extremely unselfish, loving, giving, focused, careful, happy, joyful, silly (of which I am soooooooo glad!), an avid, voracious protector of her family, a listener to her parents, especially listening to her MOM (smile) and most of all, a Child of the King. Imagine what older MOMS see? Their children trying hard to be what our Saviour has asked of them. September, you make Dad and I so proud. We love you so much, darling. You, too, Dan.

    Love MOM and DAD

     
  • At March 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Kami said...

    The comment your mom left is so beautiful. I can see your lovely heart through her words. I, too, know the feeling of seeing myself through my children's eyes. Sometimes what I see is not what I want to. My prayer is that I become the mom that God intended me to be.

     
  • At April 1, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I know that Kyndra sees that mommy sometimes and I'm not proud of it. But I know that I will have times when I am stressed out and frustrated and take it out on her. Many times after I realize that I snuggle up close with her.

     
  • At April 9, 2010 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Cole Franke said...

    This is my first time visiting your site. What a lovely blog you have. great pictures and stories.

    Nicole
    http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

     
  • At April 14, 2010 at 9:51 PM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Beautiful, heart-felt post, made even more special by your Mom's loving comment! I think we all get a glimpse into your heart by looking into the eyes of your blog. Thank you for the blessing of looking into your life and into your family!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home