One September Day

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lucky Charms - Lessons

Tell me again and again -  Perspective.  That is where I stumble and fumble.


The other day - a long, frustrating, tiring, emotionally draining day - I walked uptairs to retreat ... somehere... I didn't really even have a purpose for going upstairs,,, I put away some laundry, picked up a bathroom, switched out the towels to clean, and ended up standing in my bedroom..


Just standing there... lost, is a good way to describe how I probably looked.


I plopped myself down on my bed.  Laying on my back, eyes closed, hand over my eyes... spent!


In typical fashion for me... I lay there mulling over all that was on my heart, and all that was makiing me exhausted.. rather than  just.. resting. 
Resting.... and letting it all just... be.


Nope, not me.  Perspective is one of my greatest weaknesses.
Guess what... God knows that..., and He had to remind me again.


After a few moments of realizing that laying there thinking was not accomplishing any thing... I opened my eyes..
propped myself onto my elbows, and loooked down the bed at my feet....


WHAT DID I SEE?


A soggy, multi-colored Lucky Charm cereal stuck to the top of my foot. STUCK there..
I shook my foot to remove it...
Still stuck!
I laughed out loud, and said.. Perspective!"


..... life could be so ironically funny.

How could I not laugh? 


So, life is constantly reminding me to shake off the idea that I need to be "stuck" in the moments of trials, exhaustion, and frustration.
Shake it off- it is only temporary.


God has a bigger plan for you and I...looking through the lense of God's Word will give us all of the persepective that we need to get through all of those overwhelming moments.


Testing,, Testing...
What is keeping you down?
Is it our job to "fix" it, or our job to Let go and Let God?













Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2010 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    I had to laugh that you had a Lucky Charm stuck to your foot.

     
  • At June 10, 2010 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    This is really cute! Thanks for sharing .. sometimes I get caught up in that "too much to handle" moment, too!

    Missing you :)

     
  • At June 11, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is soooooooo me. Thank you, September. You are such an inspiration to me. This will be on my bulletin board to read over and over and over and... I pray that God holds you close to His heart...you are truly one of His.

     
  • At June 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    cute. :) lucky charms on your foot! only a mommy! :)

     
  • At June 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    September,

    I am sure all mothers feel this way sometimes...lost...and exhausted and spent! Especially when there are a lot of children in the family to care for.

    I stand amazed at how you moms of large families do everything! I know it is hard at times...but also so rewarding I'm sure.

    Look at you...a graduated son to your credit! A new chapter about to begin for him...and for you, as you start the process of letting go.

    I am so glad you love the Lord and that He is your source of strength.

    And He uses you to encourage other moms September. You are an example of His love...as you take care of your family and share your faith and love with others.

    God loves everything about you September...You are special...From head to toe... and even down to the little things that stick to the bottoms of your aching feet as you collapse on your bed after a long day! (:>) I am glad you could laugh at that and re-group. (:>)

    God is so good!

    Just keep on keepin' on...
    He has a beautiful future planned for each one of those precious children...and for you! (:>)

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At June 30, 2010 at 12:03 AM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    "Charming" post! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home