One September Day

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Tall Order

I am just so thankful that the Lord only requires so much of me,, and that He lays that out quite clearly in Scripture.
It is a Tall Order to obey God's Word, and one I take pretty seriously.

What I am learning that I cannot take too seriously... is the weight I use to put on myself to understand why some choose to live the Christian walk ( actions, words, convenience) some days, some moments, and then other times, perhaps it is too Tall of an Order.
( I myself, am found guilty as well... for the negative commenting lurkers.)

This week, I am thanking God that His plan is not for me to worry about the "whys,"  or confusion in the world around me...
He just wants me to know that HE is all that I need.

I am sad to say, that, we all will discover that a Christians walk can definetely be a stumbling block to another..
What we do with that is our responsibility.

Moving on beyond human understanding and comprehension over selfishness... well.. thats my Tall Order for this week.
Hint to those that are trying to follow God's Tall Order for their life...
Don't serve one another with the thinking that your actions, words,  or kindess will be remembered.
Serve ALL for Jesus... and Only Him.
The Tall Order here:
Put aside expectations of return in respect and kindness...
If it was for Jesus.. then that is all that matters.

Growing, growing...every day..
I want to be like Him.
A Tall Order.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At July 5, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

    Love this one, September. I so often do things for the Lord, but at the same time would like a little acknowledgement from peers for my efforts. That is wrong - because as you pointed out, it is to be solely for Christ and not for a return of favors from others. Thanks. :)

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    A tall order, indeed, my friend...but a worthy one! Thanks for this post, girlie...and stop by my blog when you have time. You won a prize!! =)

    And...I may or may not have referred to you as...ahem... a stinky Steelers fan.

    Love ya (even if you are a Steelers fan),
    Kelly

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

    This is just what I needed to hear today! I was feeling down after some not so nice comments made to me. But your last line says it all, "If it was for Jesus... then that is all that matters." I love that! Thank you!

    ~Jennifer

     
  • At July 5, 2010 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Wow, September! You have no idea how applicable this post is to me today. I think God inspired you to write it just for me. :-) Thanks, Sister!

    Love,
    Angela

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home