One September Day

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The day I called in sick

I do not work outside the home..
( unless you consider driving as taxi mom for games, appointments, groceries, and more - working?)...

And so, The Day that I called in sick was in a dream that I had.
It was lovely.
Until I woke up....


Honesty is the best policy.. or so I've heard?
What mom out there has never desired a "day off?"
I will be the first to admit... ( not because I like being first,, I just like being honest)...

This year has brought a lot of work to our home, our schooling, the new pregnancy, and to many spiritual areas that the Lord is growing and strengthening...
And a day off would be just grand.

But, truly,, honestly,,
WHAT would I do if I called in sick?
AND,,,,
What would that even look like... figuratively speaking,,, of course...
Like...
"Hi,,, this is your wife and mom,,, I am in bed, and will not be arriving to make breakfast, and the baby is in her crib and will need her diaper changed..... Over and out."

Nope... don't think that would fly.

How about...
" Hi... this is your mom... I have left the house for a sick day,,, be sure to not use the oven or stove, feed your baby sisters at some point, and don't answer the door for any one."

Ahhhh... nope..  NOT gonna happen!

Soo,, here we are...
MERRILY making gingerbread houses..
Decorating the doorways...
Making Christmas Aprons...
Snuggling under blankets on cold days...
Singing tunes of carols and munching on too many baked goods...
Addressing Christmas Cards...
Hosting parties....
Watching old Christmas movies with Vanilla Ice Cream and Egg Nog.

( There seems to be a sugar trend here... oh my .. maybe I will end with a sick day altogether!)

Who needs to leave the home for a MERRY Good time?

(P.S.  I have to confess that if my husband gives me a gift certificate for a pedicure.. I WILL be leaving the house for this, and more...
Why?.. I cannot touch my toes anymore!!!!... another post to come later...)

In the mean time... enjoy a few of our Holiday pictures...







Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Beautiful post

     
  • At December 22, 2010 at 5:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    September,
    I have missed you and the inspriation I find in your blog - May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year!
    Katrina

     
  • At December 23, 2010 at 12:36 AM , Blogger Coby said...

    I had to laugh - I had this very thought the other day - what if I called in sick? Even if I could, I don't think I'd know what to do with myself. On the rare occasion that I'm home alone, I wander around aimlessly, unsure of what to do in the quiet and stillness!

     
  • At December 23, 2010 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Susan said...

    Funny, last night the kids asked me what we were going to do today and I told them I wanted to have a day off and not be a mom or a wife.

    Funny that you would post about this.

     
  • At December 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM , Blogger busymomof10 said...

    Beautiful pictures! Your Christmas tree is so pretty and festive!

     
  • At December 31, 2010 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    I love you September. You have a good sense of humor!

    I know there are days that you don't want to show up...to go to work...to be there...yet, it is all worth it when you look into those beautiful faces of those darling children! And besides...you have to! ha!

    I love your big Christmas tree.
    You are greatly blessed sweetie!

    Love, Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home