One September Day

Monday, November 1, 2010

This is REAL Life

Blogs are fun places to stop by..
Blogs are part of someone's life...

One September Day often shares the happy side of life, the every day moments that make us smile...

But ... this is REAL Life...

And there are a lot of people who read this blog that go thru hard times, happy times,  and real life moments that we don't see.

Real Life....

~Laying in bed some mornings... putting off slipping our feet from under the covers.. knowing all we have to do..
~Finding the gas tank empty again..  wasn't it just yesterday that we filled?
~hearing the diagnosis that we dread to hear
~unexpected phone calls
~tears falling freely in the hot shower.... unabashed... unhidden from God
~no sleep due to pain from illness or injury
~life-long disease or pain that affects every day life
~lack of employment
~hurtful relationships
~cleaning up the spills of life when others leave them for you...
~burning in the pit of your stomach over news broken to you
~bills that are left unpaid
~children making bad decisions....watching them grow
~caring for sick children without any control over their healing
~stranded alone with seemingly overwhelming problems

...to name a few...

This is REAL LIFE....

~Mercy falling free for sinners
~healing of the soul for the lost and hopeless
~comfort and care for pain and illness
~healing tears that bring relief
~casting cares upon His throne
~sharing one anothers burdens
~Grace abounds with forgiveness
~Open arms for the frightened and angry
~An altar waiting for surrender
~Peace for the peacemakers
~rest for the weary...
~Laughter for the lighthearted moments
~Thankfulness for when the Light shines clear

One September Day... REAL LIFE

Will you leave me a comment if you are in REAL LIFE mode?
What are you experiencing today?

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At November 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Sue said...

    It is real easy to get caught up in other's blogs. Some of them sound so wonderful. And yes, the reality of real life can be too hard to deal with at times. I know for me, I could get lost in blog land and run away from reality if I allowed myself. With everything going on in my real life, sometimes I don't even want to get out of bed. But then I am reminded that I can do all things with Christ who gives me strength. And because of that, I can get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other.

    I've been reading a lot of blogs about the conference you went to. I would love to be able to attend it next year and have asked the Lord to help me find a way. If He wills it, I wil be there!

    Even though I wasn't there, just the stuff I've been reading from a lot of those who went has been inspiring. I can't even imagine what it was like for those of you who attended. It had to be awesome!

    God bless,

    Sue

     
  • At November 1, 2010 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Michelle G said...

    http://undeservingyetoverblessed.blogspot.com/2010/10/get-real.html

    I just posted this last week :) We're all on the same page lately :)
    Thank you for sharing - very lovely blog!
    Michelle

     
  • At November 1, 2010 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

    I found your blog via Pajamamama for some reason I felt like I should click on your name. I'm so glad I did. I needed this post today. I have a horrible migraine and 4 classes to teach, over 100 students to deal with but I will go home to my wonderful husband and we will pray and study the scriptures together and all will be well because all IS well.

     
  • At November 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM , Blogger {darlene} said...

    oh yes. Real life mode.
    Wrestling with God... and He meets me there.

    So good to see your sweet face, September. How are you feeling???

     
  • At November 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM , Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

    real life for sure....my hubby is the pastor of our college-aged church. We are hands on and "on" all the time. I wouldn't have it any other way. There are certainly seasons of life and the last "season" was challenging and that is putting in mildly. But God, love that phrase! But god moved. God changed me and brought me through it abundantly. Learning to love each moment, Kelly

     
  • At November 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Real life of course and the past few days have been tough and rough but with God , I have made it.
    Beautiful post !!

    Caroline

     
  • At November 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I'm reflecting on the fact that no matter how hard I try, I can never be "good" enough... and on how thankful I am for the grace and forgiveness of our great God.

    Thanks for sharing a bit of real life with us. :-)

    Love,
    Angela

     
  • At November 2, 2010 at 11:48 PM , Blogger Coby said...

    God is bringing me MORE into my real life as I step away from distractions (blogging, always finding "something" to do around the house) and focus on being a mom to the 3 wonderful little boys He's given me. I didn't do a lick of housework today, but I read Bible stories and lots and lots of books with my kids, made gingerbread cookies with them for our neighbors, practiced cutting with scissors, played catch, disciplined some foolishness, snuggled, and just enjoyed them. Dusting can wait, my children's hearts cannot. I love my real life...challenges and all. God is prying my fingers loose from my own agenda and leading me into the freedom to walk in HIS agenda!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home