One September Day

Friday, October 29, 2010

Live and Learn - Where's my key?

WOW... Who knew that going away for the first time ever from my family would bring such new revelations!


Here are some things I learned while away:


Who knew?


1.)GPS navigators are awesome  AND they talk to you.
2.)Hotel Shampoo does not suds or lather.
3.)Hotel keys are hard to find once in your purse.
4.)Always check to be sure you have stepped off the elevator onto the right floor... BEFORE walking all of the way to your room.
5.)It is not safe to go out to eat alone... what if you have an allergic reaction?  ( or something?)  :)
6.)I cannot sleep with out a fan... even away from home.  Yep.
7.)Always know where there is an extra set of stairs in your hotel.. for escape purposes , you know.
8.)If you fail to pass security in the airport,..and the alarms go off....PLEASE try to remember to tell them you have a steel plate in your leg.. or that you have swallowed a bomb.  ( I hope not)...
9.)Quiet time on the road prompts much better thinking than at home.
10.)Hotel phones blink at night.. ( and during the day),, but I never noticed before.
11.)Is it safe to talk to men with a Texan accent... while riding on the elevator?
12.)Drinking too much caffeine is OK when you are having fun.
13.)I need to learn some new make-up skills. Sometime.
14.)When shopping,, always go with your first choice.
15.)It is the "new thing"  and TOTALLY acceptable....to pass out your blogging cards to the people serving you at Starbucks.  They smile and thank you for them.  Go figure.  Try it.  :)
16.)I have an over-active imagination.  The whole spy thing must intrigue me.
17.)I loved not having any housework.
18.)If you do not want your hotel room cleaned.. you MUST remember to hang up your special sign.  Wherever that is.
19.)Women know how to laugh and cry and the same time.
20.)I missed my family...but...
21....was so blessed to have spent time away.

What do you find intriguing while away?


Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At October 29, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, I can't WAIT to tell my your (our) bomb story on my blog. I laughed until I cried just telling my family!!! ha!!!

    You know what? I now know all 21 things too!!! How about that???? HA! and WOW! (Snicker)

    I think you forgot something though - we learned how to Skype in SPAZ form!!! Tell Benny Poo and Matthy Bear I wuv them! hee hee

    Well my fan lovin' friend, hot flash havin', DD drinkin', floor missin', key losin', secret spy skill havin' ... friend - I think you are just WAY TOO MUCH FUN!

    You know Saturday when we laughed until we cried? Well, that was the spazzin'IST time we had and I want to do that again!!! So much fun!!!!

    YOWPAH!!!
    Love you so so much.
    Et!

     
  • At October 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Aspiemom said...

    Fun list. I'm glad you two didn't laugh until you PEE'd...or did you?

    What's the bomb story?

    I do that floor thing all of the time when I go to the drs office. I feel like a fool! lol

     
  • At October 29, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Coby said...

    I'm laughing at the one about talking to men with Texas accents on an elevator. I had the exact same thought a few weeks ago!!!

    I find it intriguing that every time I come home from our summer vacation, my kitchen looks bigger. Waaaaay bigger.

     
  • At October 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I really enjoyed this post! You are so sweet, and I think it's amazing that this is the first time you've gone away from your family. (However, I can totally see how the years can slip by without ever getting away, because it's happening to me, too! :-)) When I do get some time alone (like to attend a women's ministry event), I am always so refreshed and encouraged and ready to come home and be a better woman, wife, and mother. It's amazing what even an hour or two of meaningful time away can do for a mom's perspective! I'm glad you enjoyed and benefitted from your time away. You deserved it! :-)

    Love,
    Angela

     
  • At November 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    I love this post! You put a big smile on my face as I pictured you doing all of these little things. I'm glad to hear that your time away was enjoyed so thoroughly! Praying that you are enjoying some rest and relaxation at home, too!

    Missing you!

     
  • At November 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Verna said...

    Yes, you gave me a good laugh. Looking forward to the bomb story, but can immagine since my husband has two artifical hips and the last time thru security had a portable oxygen along too.

    They even disassembled the whole thing to look at it. At one point he told them if they open the cylindar they would owe the Heckman Health Care for a new one as it was a sealed cylinar.

    Glad you got to go away for a short time. I'm looking forward to my time in S.D. again the week of Thanksgiving. Rest and relaxation and laughter can do lots for a body and soul.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home