One September Day

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How to make Laundry Detergent ( Powder)

I knew this day would arrive... and I should have made the "leap" long before now,
but 6 loads of laundry a day, and the cost of living for a family of 12.. well... it was time.

Even if you are not from a large family, and you still would like to make small changes on savings, or know that the detergent you are using has chemicals you would prefer to avoid...

Then..
THIS IS FOR YOU...
I have to honest though,...

I put this off for a long time... thinking I didn't have time,, thinking it would be horrible, etc.
But, here's the truth friends...

It took me FIVE minutes!
FIVE!
This Recipe is the Powder, which I now prefer for a more intense washing on little stains,,
but the liquid detergent is just as easy.
So here we go,,,



Homemade Laundry Detergent ( Powder)

Ingredients:
To make:
  1. Cut into fourths, then grate Fels Naptha soap using cheese grater or food processor.
  2. Once grated, change to blade in food processor.  Swirl this around in food processor til it is as fine as you can get it.  ( Grating first is a must!)
  3. Add the Borax and pulse til mixed. And the grated Goat's Milk Soap.
  4. Mix thoroughly.
  5. Store in an airtight jar with lid.  (Be sure to label so that your kids don’t think it’s lemonade mix!)
  6. Use one to two tablespoons per load (depending on grit and grime, of course!)  I threw in an old scoop from one of the boxes of powder I had.


All of the ingredients can be found at Wal-Mart or Target.




Be sure to label your jar  as Laundry Detergent..
You don't want your family to mistake this for something else.

Next week, I will post the Liquid version of this recipe.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home