One September Day

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reflections of a Heart Change- Our Sons

Contrary to Popular Belief...
           the Battle for Our Son's Hearts for the Lord won't be won by reading and implementing the best              parenting techniques,  It won't be won though late night talks, lectures on right and wrong, or even committing to a Bible-preaching Church.

These things are all PART of the equation, but they don't trump the most important piece of the fight!
(21 Days of Prayer)

Prayer- This battle is best fought on your knees!


OBEDIENCE
A heart-change is important for God to do His work in all of our lives,
and OBEDIENCE is ac act of choice -
but remember..
Obedience is intimately linked to Loving Christ.

Today...
Let's PRAY that God will move in the HEARTS of our sons.

Today - Take advantage of the two wonderful posts written by Sally Clarkson...
on Obedience...

and then as we pray for our sons to have obedient hearts today,
 let's examine our own lives, and ask our Savior to live out His great love for us that our sons will see how truly valuable it is!!

(21 Days)

Click Here to read the Articles on Obedience:

First Time Obedience:


Obedience - Pathway or Procedure?


Do YOU have a plan for teaching Obedience to your sons?
Please share.


May Ben walk after the LORD His God, and obey with all his heart and all his soul all the commandments God has given. ( Deuteronomy 13:4)

May we be full of JOY at Ben's Obedience.
Romans 16:19

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At September 9, 2011 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    I'm here...and I'm praying. I've been drowning in golf matches, back to work/school schedules, a major blog and website redesign (not that I'm designing it...but you know)... and other crazy day-to-day stuff. But, I love this book. Praying scripture for my boys has been a blessing to me for years as I've prayed in our local Moms in Touch group with my "in-real-life Lynette". This book reminds me of that...and I love that it is specifically designed for sons. Thanks so much for doing this. And, even if I'm only popping in occasionally to string together some words that may or may not be remotely coherent...please know that I'm with you in this...and so grateful to be joining you as we pray for our boys. Love to you...

     
  • At September 9, 2011 at 1:41 AM , Blogger Joscelyn said...

    Hey September,
    I am keeping up & reading, but I am not comment all the time (I have a hard time always getting on- I'm sure you understand). I have needed a creative way to discipline my boys and found a book from Lisa Whelchel called Creative Correction. I have impleamented some of Lisa's suggestions and the boys have been much better. It was very refreshing and easy to do even at their ages! They are now even a joy to take shopping! ;) (but it doesn't mean that they still don't bg for everything on the shelves!!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home