One September Day

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Enough love to go around?


Ya know.... I get a lot of comments about having a large family...

But the one that I am always puzzled about is this..

"How do you have enough love to go around?"

Spend a little time with our family, and you will see that there is enough love in our bundle of 12 people to go around, and more importantly,, as I tell my children daily..

To SHARE with the WORLD!

Loving more than one child is not the tricky part... it is showing them all in their own unique ways of receiving love and giving it as well.

Look at your children...
Have you been able to hone in on their unique gift of love?

Here are a few examples:

One of my children loves Quality time...
I will often find this child sitting amongst my husband and I when we are talking with others in the evenings,, and she also tends to choose family togetherness as her special pick when we are trying to decide what to do on a particular day.
She thrives with "just being" around us...
She loves to be all together, rather than everyone going their separate ways.
QUALITY TIME

Another of my children loves gift -giving...
She will do extra chores to save out that money,,,
and buy special little gifts for everyone.
She will write little cards, and mail them,
and I will often find home-made notes of love to my husband and I on our pillows when we go to bed at night.
She is filled with JOY when we give her an extra special little token of appreciation or love.
GIFT-GIVING

I have a few children who thrive on the aspect of Physical touch and closeness..
As in...
Back-rubs
Hugs
Holding Hands while on a walk
A Thumbs-up of affirmation from across the room...
And plain ole; being held ... even if they might be 12!
CLOSENESS

These are just a few examples of simple, yet profound ways of finding out HOW to connect and share the love with your children in a more EFFECTIVE way.

God gave each of us endearing qualities of giving and receiving love.
Find those in your children today, and fine -tune your skills as parents...

A Little Love goes a Long way - the RIGHT way!!
Imagine how far a LOT of love will go?


Can you guess what Lydia's Love-Language is? 


Yep,,, This is me..not the most flattering picture..
but Lydia LOVES Quality Time!

What are your children's Love -Languages?



Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2011 at 12:31 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    What a gorgeous family!! And, what a GREAT name:) I've never known anyone named September. Bet you hear that a lot! Happy to be a new follower.

     
  • At August 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    What a beautiful post !!

    I know I'm a Mom of 4 active children on earth but it never fails I always find time out of the busy day to spend with each one of them somehow. It may be a kiss or hug or just a chat w/Mom but at the end of the day we are all together and filled w/so much love for one another.

     
  • At August 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Traci Michele said...

    Hey September! I sat by you last Relevant Conf. when you cut up your chicken into little bites! Wish I could join you this year but I'm about to have our 3rd baby any day now!

    Miss you! Have fun... Is Lynette going this year?

    Love,
    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

     
  • At August 22, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger tascha said...

    so true. sometimes it takes a little extra effort, but loving your children with their own language is a must! thanks for visiting me...
    Tascha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home